1 Reply Latest reply on May 2, 2014 1:22 AM by hchiorean

Help with built-in JAAS configuration

gorgi.terziev

I need help to understand how the built-in JAAS authentication works. Is there additional configuration required?

I tried with with 2 configurations and in both cases the default JAAS policy modeshape-jcr was not recognized.

• { "name" : "bbsrepo" , "security" : { "anonymous" : { "roles" : [ ] } , "providers" : [ { "classname" : "JAAS" , "policyName" : "modeshape-jcr" } ] } }

22:45:43.017 ERROR | o.m.j.JcrRepository  | Unable to initialize authentication provider "{ "classname" : "JAAS" , "policyName" : "modeshape-jcr" }" for repository "bbsrepo": No LoginModules configured for modeshape-jcr javax.security.auth.login.LoginException: No LoginModules configured for modeshape-jcr

• { "name" : "bbsrepo" , "security" : { "anonymous" : { "roles" : [ ] } , "jaas" : { "policyName" : "modeshape-jcr" } } }

23:59:29.928  WARN | o.m.j.JcrRepository  | The JAAS policy named 'modeshape-jcr' (nor the policy named 'other') could not be found; check the value of the 'security/policyName' repository option in the configuration for the 'bbsrepo' repository (or ignore this message if JAAS authentication is not being used)

I tried the repo configuration both as embedded repo ( via junit test ) and Modeshape web explorer on Tomcat 7

Thanks,

Gorgi