2 Replies Latest reply on May 5, 2014 7:29 AM by maxandersen

JBoss EAP6.1 + Runtime Server requires JDK

dgaethofs

Dear all,

I have installed JBoss Teiid and JBOSS Developer Studio as well as the JBoss EAP 6.2

Now when I try to define a server in eclipse . I get the message that a JDK is required. However in Eclipse I can only indicate the JRE to be used.

the strange thing is that a server is created when I ignore the message. And I can even start the server.

But when I want to preview data - i created the ClimateZoneView - the system wants to have a Teiidd instance. I initially thought the instance would be running on the started server.

So I tried to create a new instance but then the system just creates a new server.

After creating this new server and trying to preview data I get again the message that a JDK is needed

The server "JBoss EAP 6.1+ Runtime Server (1)" requires a JDK to run properly. The VM used to launch this server is not recognized as a valid JDK. C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre7

Can someone let me know what the problem is or what I am overlooking ?

By the way I have JDK installed which apparently is not found - maybe I have to point Eclipse somewhere to this JDK

Regards

Danny