1 Reply Latest reply on May 13, 2014 3:08 AM by michpetrov

RF 4.3.2: rich:jQuery selector id always undefined

wlf2kme

Using Mojarra 2.1.26 and Richfaces 4.3.2-Final I can't seem to get inputmasks enabled on Ajax rendered components.  The selector is always 'undefined'.  Chrome Dev tools is always showing: Uncaught TypeError: undefined is not a function.

At first I tried to use <script> tags with the JQuery calls for the input masks inside.  I got my info from here:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7883262/how-use-mask-in-input-field-in-jsf-2-richfaces-4

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14491628/maskinput-dont-work-after-submit-form-in-jsf

Though those links provided me with very useful information, it didn't get me a single step further.  I pretty much tried every possible ID with or without forms, using css classes, no cigar.

Even quite the simple example doesn't seem to work.  I added a test inputtext on which I attempted to add an input mask, and even that one doesn't work.  See code excerpt below.  And also note the commented script piece of earlier attempts.

<rich:popupPanel id="etemporaPopup" modal="true"

resizeable="false" autosized="true"

>

<f:facet name="header">

<h:outputText value="#{msg['etemporaConsultationPage.addEtempora']}" />

</f:facet>

<f:facet name="controls">

<h:outputLink value="#" onclick="#{rich:component('etemporaPopup')}.hide(); return false;">

X

</h:outputLink>

</f:facet>

<h:form id="formPopup">

<ui:include src="addEtempora.xhtml" />

<h:inputText id="masktest" styleClass="masktestClass"/>

<rich:jQuery selector="#masktest" query="mask('9999999-99')" timing="domready"/>

<!--<script >-->

<!--function addInputmasks(){-->

<!--$("#form\\:masktest").mask("9999999-99");-->

<!--}-->

<!--</script>-->

<!--<a4j:commandButton id="testInputmaskRerender" value="TEST" render="@form" oncomplete="addInputmasks()" immediate="true"/>-->

</h:form>

</rich:popupPanel>

What I suspect is that something else on the page/template is breaking this.  So I copy-pasted the generated html in a text field and attached it.

If anyone has some tips for me, by all means enlighten me.

Thanks!

• 1. Re: RF 4.3.2: rich:jQuery selector id always undefined
          michpetrov

Hi,

if it says "undefined is not a function" it's not the selector that's the problem (jQuery returns an empty array if it doesn't find anything anyway). What is undefined is whatever you are trying to make a function call with. .mask() isn't a standard jQuery function, do you have the plugin installed?