2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2014 12:32 PM by rhauch

query join problem

janvandeklok

Hello there,  I've run into a serious problem (I think) , but maybe it's just my lack of experience with modeshape sql2 query language.

We have the following situation:

we have a top level node "case" of type [caci:case] which has 2 subnodes, one called assignee of type [caci:aclUserIdentifier] and one called requestor of type  [caci:caseRequestor]. Both subnodes have a property called acl_identifier.  

The assignee nodes have only 'user1..999' as acl_identifier property  values  and the  requestor nodes have only 'klant1..999' as acl_identifier property  values.

When I run this query  :

Select case.[jcr:path], assignee.acl_identifier  from [caci:case] as case

inner join [caci:aclUserIdentifier]  as assignee on ischildnode(assignee ,case)

where

(assignee.acl_identifier <> 'user1')

I get this result:

case.jcr:pathassignee.acl_identifier
      /case/content/STLK/10001klant1
      /case/content/STLK/10001user7
      /case/content/STLK/10003klant2
      /case/content/STLK/10003user8
      etc etc

This is tottally incorrect!!!   Cas 10001 and 10002 do not have assignee's with acl_identifier properties with value's like 'klantxx' .

Is it my query or what??

Any help is greatly appreciated

Jan van de Klok

(our modeshape version is 3.7.3 running as a jboss EAP 6.1 module)  JDK version is 1.7_45)

• 1. Re: query join problem
          janvandeklok

update!!!

The problem is NOT in the modeshape Query!!!  It turns out the requestor type inherits from the caci:aclUserIdentifier type.

The query was 100% right in delevering the nodes as it did. We did not notice the inheretance!!

My humble excuses for taking up your valuable time!!!

regards Jan

• 2. Re: query join problem
            rhauch

Glad you were able to figure out the problem, and thanks for letting us know.