2 Replies Latest reply on May 15, 2014 1:44 PM by van.halbert

Registering marshallers on the SerializationContext

van.halbert

Trying to register the marshallers from a client, but getting this error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Message descriptor not found : quickstart.Person.PhoneNumber

at org.infinispan.protostream.impl.SerializationContextImpl.getMessageDescriptor(SerializationContextImpl.java:104)

at org.infinispan.protostream.impl.SerializationContextImpl.registerMarshaller(SerializationContextImpl.java:124)

at org.teiid.resource.adapter.infinispan.dsl.InfinispanConnectionImpl.registerMarshallers(InfinispanConnectionImpl.java:180)

I've got the JDG 6.2 server running, with the remote-query quick start  executed to load some initial data.

My client app is trying to register the marshallers, the ones defined in remote-query quick start.  I've tried both methods of registration:

ctx.registerMarshaller(clzz, baseMashaller);

and

ctx.registerMarshaller(baseMashaller);

and both produce the same problem.

Since the AddressBookManager performed the registerProtofile, is that good for all clients, or does every client need to so that too?

I only assumed the client needed to to register the marshallers with the cacheManager in use. 

Not sure what I'm missing here. 

Your help would be appreciated.

Van

• 1. Re: Registering marshallers on the SerializationContext
          van.halbert

And to confirm, the protofile is being registered just prior to the above:

ctx.registerProtofile(InfinispanManagedConnectionFactory.class

.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(

config.getProtobinFile()));

• 2. Re: Registering marshallers on the SerializationContext
            van.halbert

Kinda strange, but I got it to work.  For what ever reason, the registering of the protofile by calling the above InputStream wasn't working, but no exception was being thrown.    Not until I changed it to the correct class (InfinispanConnectionImpl) did it read it correctly and the marshallers were able to register.

ctx.registerProtofile(InfinispanConnectionImpl.class

.getClassLoader().getResourceAsStream(

config.getProtobinFile()));

Sorry to waist your time.