6 Replies Latest reply on Aug 6, 2010 2:58 AM by nagy

JBOSS 5.0 with APR

mmuthu

Hi,

I'm are trying to bring up JBOSS with Apache Portable Runtime. The server.xml is configured like below with self signed certificate.

But what we get as a result is that the server is not failing to start with "Invalid Server SSL protocol" exception continuously,

13:11:49,720 INFO [TransactionManagerService] Starting transaction recovery manager
      13:11:50,537 ERROR [Http11AprProtocol] Error initializing endpoint
      java.lang.Exception: Invalid Server SSL Protocol
      at org.apache.tomcat.jni.SSLContext.make(Native Method)
      at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint.init(AprEndpoint.java:656)
      at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol.init(Http11AprProtocol.java:107)
      at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:1029)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:683)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.init(StandardService.java:695)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:510)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:736)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:572)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
      at org.apache.tomcat.util.modeler.BaseModelMBean.invoke(BaseModelMBean.java:297)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.RawDynamicInvoker.invoke(RawDynamicInvoker.java:164)
      at org.jboss.mx.server.MBeanServerImpl.invoke(MBeanServerImpl.java:668)
      at org.jboss.web.tomcat.service.deployers.TomcatService.startService(TomcatService.java:312)
      at org.jboss.system.ServiceMBeanSupport.jbossInternalStart(ServiceMBeanSupport.java:376)

Any idea?

• 1. Re: JBOSS 5.0 with APR
          jfclere

That looks like a configuration error.

• 2. Re: JBOSS 5.0 with APR
            mmuthu

Do you know what is the configuration error?

• 3. Re: JBOSS 5.0 with APR
              mmuthu

Sorry the server.xml is like below,

• 4. Re: JBOSS 5.0 with APR
                mmuthu

I think i'm not myself now...please find the connector configuration below,

<Connector protocol="org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol"
                 port="8443" address="${jboss.bind.address}" maxHttpHeaderSize="8192"
                 maxThreads="150" minSpareThreads="25" maxSpareThreads="75"
                 enableLookups="false" disableUploadTimeout="true"
                 acceptCount="100" scheme="https" secure="true"
                 SSLEnabled="true"
                 SSLCertificateFile="../../conf/server.crt"
                 SSLCertificateKeyFile="../../conf/server.key"/>

• 5. Re: JBOSS 5.0 with APR
                  mmuthu

I was using "2.0.6-linux2-x86-ssl" native libraries earlier. Now i tried using 2.0.4 and it fails with different exception like below. I have not altered anything in thing from configuration point of view. Any help would be appreciated.

19:22:16,971 ERROR [Http11AprProtocol] Error initializing endpoint
                  java.lang.Exception: Socket bind failed: [22] Invalid argument
                  at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.AprEndpoint.init(AprEndpoint.java:610)
                  at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11AprProtocol.init(Http11AprProtocol.java:107)
                  at org.apache.catalina.connector.Connector.initialize(Connector.java:1029)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.initialize(StandardService.java:683)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.init(StandardService.java:695)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:510)
                  at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:736)
                  at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:572)
                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
                  at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
                  at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
                  at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)

• 6. Re: JBOSS 5.0 with APR
                    nagy

please check, that the user jboss (with the same group that installed the AS), have

read-permissions on the certificates, and if not solved, then

try to use absolute-path (not nice, but probably a resolve problem), here:

SSLCertificateFile="../../conf/server.crt"
                    try this:
                    SSLCertificateFile="/opt/jboss/ssl/conf/server.crt" (wherever it can be found)