1 Reply Latest reply on May 21, 2014 11:45 AM by smarlow

Wildfly 8 + persistence.xml + data-source error

upoceo

I'm using Wildfly 8 final release, and trying to deploy a war that is Java EE 7 compliant and can be portable to other Java EE 7 app servers. (business requirement) I'm ok, except when I get to the data source. I'm using Postgresql's JDBC4 jar, which is placed in /home.ear/home.war/WEB-INF/lib. My web.xml contains the following:

<data-source>

<name>java:app/myDS</name>

<class-name>org.postgresql.ds.PGPoolingDataSource</class-name>

<url>jdbc:postgresql://192.168.10.10:5432/mydatabase</url>

<user>username</user>

<password>password</password>

</data-source>

My persistence.xml contains the following line:

<jta-data-source>java:app/myDS</jta-data-source>

The deployment fails. If I remove the jta-data-source line from persistence.xml, it deploys. when it fails to deploy with the jta-data-source element, my error log shows the following:

ERROR [org.jboss.as.controller.management-operation] (DeploymentScanner-threads - 1) JBAS014613: Operation ("full-replace-deployment") f ailed - address: ([]) - failure description: {"JBAS014771: Services with missing/unavailable dependencies" => ["jboss.persistenceunit.\"home.war#myPU\".__FIRST_PHASE__ is missing [jboss.naming.context.java.myDS]"]}

Is this a Wildfly issue not supporting the Java EE 7 xsd data-source element in a web.xml, a Postgresql issue, or just my idiocy (likely)? Thanks for any help.