0 Replies Latest reply on May 28, 2014 4:50 AM by uwe.daub.metro

Starting a process via REST calls

uwe.daub.metro

Hello,

I deployed the demo application MortgageApplication from RedHat.

After some tests regarding tasks using the REST calls I finally want to start a process instance via REST calls.

I therefore used the call:

<exception>

<status>FAILURE</status>

<url>http://localhost:8080/business-central/rest/runtime/com.redhat.bpms.examples:mortgage:1.0/process/MortgageApplication.MortgageApplication/start</url>

<message>NullPointerException thrown with message 'null'</message>

<stackTrace>org.jbpm.workflow.instance.WorkflowRuntimeException: [MortgageApplication.MortgageApplication:385 - :9] -- null

at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.executeAction(NodeInstanceImpl.java:188)

Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException

at com.redhat.bpms.examples.mortgage.Process_com$u46$redhat$u46$bpms$u46$examples$u46$mortgage$u46$MortgageApplication1127518458.action10(Process_com$u46$redhat$u46$bpms$u46$examples$u46$mortgage$u46$MortgageApplication1127518458.java:73)

at com.redhat.bpms.examples.mortgage.Process_com$u46$redhat$u46$bpms$u46$examples$u46$mortgage$u46$MortgageApplication1127518458Action10Invoker.execute(Process_com$u46$redhat$u46$bpms$u46$examples$u46$mortgage$u46$MortgageApplication1127518458Action10Invoker.java:15)

at org.jbpm.workflow.instance.impl.NodeInstanceImpl.executeAction(NodeInstanceImpl.java:182)

... 72 more</stackTrace>

</exception>

This exception makes sense to me, because I didn't put any parameter (for process variables) in the call, which are needed to start the process.

Here the question:

How can I start a process via REST call, which uses process variables of type object (here com.redhat.bpms.examples.mortgage.Application) instead of a simple type (e.g. integer)?

Best regards

Uwe