5 Replies Latest reply on May 29, 2014 10:52 PM by infiniuser

infinispan.xml config in Infinispan 6

infiniuser

Hi,

I am trying to migrate a cluster from 5.2.1 to 6.0.2. In 5.x, the cache configuration XML (infinispan.xml) could be specified as --cache_config=/path/to/xml but in 6.x, i dont see a similar option. There is -Djboss.server.default.config=clustered.xml option, but this does not follow the same schema as infinispan.xml . However, the user guide mentions all samples using the <infinispan> schema. Please let me know how this can be configured for 6.x or point to the right location in user guide.

(Editing same qn since for some reason, i am not able to reply to Tristan)

So, does it mean an existing infinispan.xml has to be manually migrated to 6.x clustered.xml ?

Thanks,

Joseph

• 1. Re: infinispan.xml config in Infinispan 6
          nadirx

Hi. The Infinispan server is based on the AS (now WildFly) schema. Look at the docs below:

http://infinispan.org/docs/6.0.x/infinispan_server_guide/infinispan_server_guide.html

Infinispan 7.0 will rectify the confusion by having a unified configuration: both embedded and server will use the server schema.

Tristan

1 of 1 people found this helpful
          • 2. Re: infinispan.xml config in Infinispan 6
            infiniuser

Thanks. So, does it mean an existing infinispan.xml has to be manually migrated to 6.x clustered.xml ?

• 3. Re: infinispan.xml config in Infinispan 6
              nadirx

Yes, we would love to have some automatic translation tool: maybe some volunteer can provide one ? <hint>

• 4. Re: infinispan.xml config in Infinispan 6
                nadirx

If you want you can paste your infinispan.xml here and I can help you with the conversion.

• 5. Re: Re: infinispan.xml config in Infinispan 6
                  infiniuser

Thanks, the 5.2 config is attached (ispn5.xml) and the JVM settings of one of the nodes is below

-Xms4g -Xmx4g -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dinfinispan.conf.dir=/abc/conf -Dinfinispan.log.dir=/abc/log -Dinfinispan.data.dir=/abc/data -Djgroups.cluster.name=cluster1 -Djgroups.node.name=node1, -Djgroups.tcp.address=10.11.12.13 -Djgroups.tcp.port=7631 -Djgroups.tcpping.initial_hosts=host1[7631],host2[7631],host3[7631]..,host8[7631] -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=2199 -Dsun.nio.ch.bugLevel="" -Xloggc:/abc/log/gc.20140513-160307.log -XX:+PrintGCDetails -XX:+PrintGCDateStamps -Dlog4j.configuration=file:/abc/conf/log4j.xml org.infinispan.server.core.Main --protocol=hotrod --cache_config=/abc/conf/ispn5.xml --host=10.11.12.13 --port=11222

We have 2 8-node clusters in 2 datacenters. It has multiple persistent and transactional caches, have shown just two for reference. With ISPN 6, we would like to make the transactional caches cross-datacenter. I have also attached configs i attempted in 6.x - clustered-xsite-DC1.xml and clustered-xsite-DC2.xml ; very slightly modified from the clustered-xsite.xml sample. The JVM settings for 6.x is :

/usr/java/default/bin/java -D[Standalone] -server -XX:+UseCompressedOops -XX:+TieredCompilation -Xms2g -Xmx2g -Dsun.rmi.dgc.client.gcInterval=3600000 -Dsun.rmi.dgc.server.gcInterval=3600000 -XX:PermSize=128m -XX:MaxPermSize=256m -Djava.net.preferIPv4Stack=true -Dorg.jboss.resolver.warning=true -Djboss.modules.system.pkgs=org.jboss.byteman -Djboss.server.base.dir=/abc -Djboss.server.log.dir=/abc/log -Djboss.server.config.dir=/abc/configuration -Djboss.server.default.config=clustered.xml -Djboss.socket.binding.port-offset=200 -Djava.awt.headless=true -Djboss.bind.address=10.11.12.13 -Djboss.bind.address.management=10.11.12.13 -Djboss.default.jgroups.stack=tcp -Djgroups.tcpping.initial_hosts=host1[7800],host2[7800] -Dsun.net.inetaddr.ttl=60 -Dorg.jboss.boot.log.file=/abc/log/boot.log -Dlogging.configuration=file:/abc/configuration/logging.properties -jar /abc/infinispan-server-6.0.2.Final/jboss-modules.jar -mp /abc/infinispan-server-6.0.2.Final/modules -jaxpmodule javax.xml.jaxp-provider org.jboss.as.standalone -Djboss.home.dir=/abc/infinispan-server-6.0.2.Final

Please check if this is the right way to configure. Should the <relay> portion be moved from <stack name="udp"> to <stack name="tcp"> since jboss.default.jgroups.stack is set as tcp on startup ?. Same with this tag : <transport executor="infinispan-transport" lock-timeout="60000" cluster="DC1" stack="udp"/> ; should the stack be changed?

Thanks,

Joseph

PS : I get the "hint" too , will attempt it once i understand the configs in both versions somewhat better