7 Replies Latest reply on Jun 4, 2014 3:25 AM by Karel Piwko

Connection problem when running Arquillian test on a remote machine

David Balakirev Newbie

Hi all,

I have problems executing my Arquillian tests on a remote machine (hence also as a remote container).

When i had my first trials i had to realize that the JBoss container binding is not right. I modified it as follows:

<interfaces>
              <interface name="management">
                  <inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address.management:0.0.0.0}"/>
              </interface>
              <interface name="public">
                  <any-address/>
              </interface>
              <interface name="unsecure">
                  <inet-address value="${jboss.bind.address.unsecure:127.0.0.1}"/>
              </interface>
          </interfaces>

Previously the management was binding to 127.0.0.1.

First of all is this alright?

After this change the connection could be made then i had some authentication problem which i resolved by adding the correct credentials (username, password) to the arquillian.xml.

Now my test is deployed succesfully but when the actual test execution is on plate the following happens:

Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Error launching request at http://0.0.0.0:15080/arquillian_20140529_143931/ArquillianServletRunner?outputMode=serializedObject&className=...... No result returned
          [junit] at org.jboss.arquillian.protocol.servlet.ServletMethodExecutor.executeWithRetry(ServletMethodExecutor.java:139)
          [junit] at org.jboss.arquillian.protocol.servlet.ServletMethodExecutor.invoke(ServletMethodExecutor.java:99)

Please forgive this stupid question, but the actual URL lookup for the ArquillianServletRunner is happening in the container or from the client side? Should i finesse the binding to make this work?

I am using Arquillian 1.1.1.Final right now. Just let me know if i should communicate further details of my setup.

Many thanks in advance,
      Dave