4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 6, 2014 10:42 PM by Paul Benedict

EJB server-to-server handshake silence

Paul Benedict Newbie

Within one machine, but using two separate WildFly instances, I can successfully initiate a handshake between the containers and execute remote calls. I am using the "remote" protocol and not "http-remoting".

This is how the handshake looks:

INFO  [org.jboss.ejb.client.remoting] (MSC service thread 1-10) EJBCLIENT000013:
      Successful version handshake completed for receiver context EJBReceiverContext{
      clientContext=org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBClientContext@4672e213, receiver=Remoting connection EJB receiver
      [connection=Remoting connection <c6703af>,channel=jboss.ejb,nodename=daserver]}
      on channel Channel ID efa6c4d4 (outbound) of Remoting connection 4550efaf to /127.0.0.1:4447

Unfortunately, I cannot get this to work when the machines are different. I've done due diligence in my problem researching but still cannot find resolution. I verified my iptables is not blocking any connection, and I also used a packet sniffer to prove an outbound connection is being made to the destination server. However, what is most irritating, is the silence from WildFly when the handshake fails (apparently). Nothing is logged. There is no warning/error. The admin has no indication anything is wrong at server startup. I think this is a critical feature that's gone missing.

Anyway, has anyone experienced this? And what are some possibilities for the handshake to fail silently?