8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 16, 2014 3:59 PM by Rémi Bantos

Openshift Wildfly 8.1 cartridge - JDK8 and maven build

Rémi Bantos Newbie

Hello,

I have an issue with maven build of my application which uses JDK8 with a Wildfly 8.1 cartridge.

I use QueryDSL apt-maven-plugin which performs code generation during build.

This plugin seems to require JAVA_HOME to be set to the same JDK as the one used in application prior to maven build launch. (I have not been able to find a plugin configuration to declare a specific JDK use for it)

Indeed, I have a language level compilation error (using a Java 8 lambda expression) that i can reproduce on my personal development environment by launching maven build with a default JDK7 installed and after having applied steps described in this post: (which describes how to configure maven build in Wildfly 8.1 cartridge to use JDK8) WildFly 8.1.0.Final on OpenShift - with JDK 8 support!

I have noticed that the following maven script  is used in Openshift VM during build:

export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java

export JAVACMD=$JAVA_HOME/bin/java

export M2_HOME=/usr/share/java/apache-maven-3.0.4

exec $M2_HOME/bin/$prog "$@"

/usr/lib/jvm/java is a JDK7. So i cannot override JAVA_HOME in my application to use JDK8 installation described in this post.

Here is the exception I have due to this build configuration issue:

[INFO] --- apt-maven-plugin:1.1.1:process (default) @ catalog ---

/var/lib/openshift/538fb4fe4382ecd4c00002c7/app-root/runtime/repo/catalog/src/main/java/org/rembx/jeeshop/catalog/CatalogItemFinder.java:45: error: illegal start of expression

results.forEach((catalogItem) -> catalogItem.setLocalizedPresentation(locale));

^

1 error

Thanks for your help