4 Replies Latest reply on Jun 24, 2014 6:49 AM by stolman

Url decoding post requests ajp connector

stolman

Hello,

We are migrating our applications from tomcat to wildfly. We are using mod_jk (1.2.40) to connect apache to the wildfly ajp port.

When using tomcat there are no problems, but with wilfdly there is a strange behavior in our application.

Our application is written in java (wicket) and when entering a search form every field fills with a semi-colon after entering the find button. When I set the JkLogLevel to trace or debug the problems remains but less frequently and not in every form.

I also tried different ForwardURI** JkOptions, but that make no difference.

So te determing de cause I also tested with mod_proxy. The problem remains so I think the AJP connector of Wildfly is the problem.

Can anyone help me where to find a solution?

• 1. Re: Url decoding post requests ajp connector
          jaikiran

Martin Stolk wrote:

When using tomcat there are no problems, but with wilfdly there is a strange behavior in our application.

Our application is written in java (wicket) and when entering a search form every field fills with a semi-colon after entering the find button.

I don't fully understand. Are you saying that there are certain input fields in a HTML page which gets auto filled with a semi-colon? Do you have a screenshot?

• 2. Re: Url decoding post requests ajp connector
            stolman

Yes that's the case. You are filling a form and when you submit de form returns with a error that not all fields are correct and then you see that the field mentioned in the error are filled with a semi-colon.

• 3. Re: Url decoding post requests ajp connector
              swd847

Can you reproduce this consistently? If so is there any chance you could get a Wireshark dump of a problematic request?

• 4. Re: Url decoding post requests ajp connector
                stolman

Sorry for the delay in answering. I have tested some more. I can reproduce problem indeed but not if wildfly and apache are on the same server. In the original setting i have apache on server one and wildfly on server two. But i found it a strange behavior it is not a timeout because the page is returning. but maybe something with the POST request.