1 Reply Latest reply on Jun 18, 2014 4:01 PM by purringpigeon

Remote Stateless Session Bean - Access to Caller Principal?

purringpigeon

Hello,

I have a web application which is being considered to be ported to a Java FX 8 client.  Currently our security is handled via the j_security_check login which will create a User Principal in the session, which is accessed to record history and actions.

I am attempting to invoke our EJBs remotely, and while my connection parameters allow invocation of the EJB, the principal is always anonymous.

Properties jbossEjbClientProperties = new Properties();
      jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connectionprovider.create.options.org.xnio.Options.SSL_ENABLED", "false");
      jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connections", "remoting");
      jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connection.remoting.host", "localhost");
      jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connection.remoting.port", "4457");
      jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connection.remoting.connect.options.org.xnio.Options.SASL_POLICY_NOANONYMOUS", "true");
      jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connection.remoting.connect.options.org.xnio.Options.SASL_DISALLOWED_MECHANISMS", "JBOSS-LOCAL-USER");
      jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connection.remoting.username", "purring");
      jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connection.remoting.password", "pigeon");

If I provide incorrect credentials the call will fail with :

Jun 18, 2014 10:33:43 AM org.jboss.ejb.client.EJBClient <clinit>
      INFO: JBoss EJB Client version 1.0.11.Final-redhat-1
      Jun 18, 2014 10:33:43 AM org.jboss.remoting3.remote.RemoteConnection handleException
      ERROR: JBREM000200: Remote connection failed: javax.security.sasl.SaslException: Authentication failed: all available authentication mechanisms failed

So I know that the authentication is happening, but I am not sure how to get the caller principal to be created with the credentials provided.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks.

Message was edited by: Derek F Cleaned up the code....

• 1. Re: Remote Stateless Session Bean - Access to Caller Principal?
          purringpigeon

I was able to figure it out...

Here are the steps to make it work...  The yellow was important in making the magic happen.

Changes needed to the standalone.xml:

1) Change the authentication from $local to jass and provide the realm name...

<security-realm name="ApplicationRealm">

<authentication>

<jaas name="securityDomainName"/>

<!--

<local default-user="$local"/>

<properties path="application-users.properties" relative-to="jboss.server.config.dir"/>

-->

</authentication>

</security-realm>

2) Update the location of the login module to point to the deployment (since the login isn't its own module)

<security-domain name=" securityDomainName ">

<authentication>

<login-module code="custom.login.module" module="deployment.myear.ear" flag="required">

<module-option name="dsJndiName" value="java:/usersDB"/>

<module-option name="principalsQuery" value="select * from users where user_lgn_nm=?"/>

<module-option name="unauthenticatedIdentity" value="anonymous"/>

</login-module>

</authentication>

</security-domain>

3) Ensure this is set:

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:remoting:1.1">

<connector name="remoting-connector" socket-binding="remoting" security-realm="ApplicationRealm"/>

</subsystem>

4) Client set up:

Properties jbossEjbClientProperties = new Properties();

jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connectionprovider.create.options.org.xnio.Options.SSL_ENABLED", "false");

jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connections", "remoting");

jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connection.remoting.host", "localhost");

jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connection.remoting.port", "4457");

jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connection.remoting.connect.options.org.xnio.Options.SASL_POLICY_NOANONYMOUS", "true");

jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connection.remoting.connect.options.org.xnio.Options.SASL_DISALLOWED_MECHANISMS", "JBOSS-LOCAL-USER");

jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connection.remoting.username", "myuser");

jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connection.remoting.password", "mypassword");

jbossEjbClientProperties.put("remote.connection.remoting.connect.options.org.xnio.Options.SASL_POLICY_NOPLAINTEXT","false");

5) This annotation on the bean itself: @SecurityDomain("ApplicationRealm")