anyone give some help?
1 of 1 people found this helpful
There appears to be a bug in Wildfly 8.1 where files with certain extensions (such as .jar or .jnlp) are not accessible which causes this problem. I've added a comment to a bug that was filed about this at https://issues.jboss.org/browse/WFLY-3608.
you should really do some searching before posting...
it is a known thing that is easily fixable:
also we are working on improving it even further in future.
Thanks! I will do something with my app; Wish a config options in standalone.xml not in web.xml to allow fetch .jar file
The solution to add an entry to web.xml is not a good solution because it ties your app directly to the implementation of the application server. In my case, we are currently working on migrating from JBoss 7 to WILDFLY and I need to be able to take the same war file and be able to deploy to either server.
I have found a workaround that will work for you also where you don't have to add anything to your web.xml file. Based on the link provided above for the workaround, I found out that WILDFLY 8.1.0 uses undertow-servlet 1.0.15.Final. In undertow-servlet-1.1.0.Beta5, a single change was made to the io.undertow.servlet.handlers.DefaultServlet class to no longer disallow access to "class" and "jar" files. So, I downloaded the jar file for undertow-servlet-1.1.0.Beta5 from http://search.maven.org/#search%7Cgav%7C1%7Cg%3A%22io.undertow%22%20AND%20a%3A%22undertow-servlet%22 and then I opened the jar file and extracted the files io.undertow.servlet.handlers.DefaultServlet*.class (there are three files total), and I replaced the files in modules/system/layers/base/io/undertow/servlet/main/undertow-servlet-1.0.15.Final.jar in my wildfly. I restarted the server, and now everything works as I want it to, and I don't have to modify the web.xml file for my apps that have applets. And, since they made this change to undertow, the next version of wildfly will probably include this change also.
Hope this helps you.
Yes we are working on more complete fix, which is tracked by linked issue on this thread.
But just some warning replacing 1.0.x undertow jars with 1.1.x version.
It needs also XNIO 3.3 update otherwise some problems might occur.
Could be that undertow-servlet is fine, but i would not bet on it...
I will make sure this if fixed for 8.2 when we will release it.
Okay, sounds good. Just FYI, I didn't switch to undertow-servlet 1.1.x, I just took the DefaultServlet*.class files from undertow-servlet-1.1.0.Beta5 and replaced those files that were in the undertow-servlet-1.0.15.Final.jar file in the modules directory. I did a "diff" between the versions, and there is only a 1-line difference in the DefaultServlet class, so I don't think any other dependencies will be required if you do what I did.
Aggre with you.But finally i will not migrate out App from Wild8.0 to WildFly8.1 until WildFly releases a fixed version.