0 Replies Latest reply on Jul 7, 2014 4:28 PM by bsanders1979

Client & Container tests w/ Graphene

bsanders1979

Greetings,

This is sort of related to another discussion I started, but not exactly the same thing. I am following the instructions at http://arquillian.org/guides/functional_testing_using_graphene/. It clearly states that you can mix client/container tests in a single class, but I am running into issues. Maybe I'm missing something, but it seems like mixing the tests is practically useless. I've noticed a trend with the docs that mention mixing, but really don't provide any samples. Here's my class:

@SpringWebConfiguration

public class TestLoginViewModel extends Arquillian {

@Autowired

private LoginViewModel loginViewModel;

@Autowired

private UserDao userDao;

@Autowired

protected MessageController msg;

@Drone

private WebDriver browser;

@ArquillianResource

private URL contextPath;

@Deployment

public static WebArchive createArchive() {

return archive;

}

@Test

public void testAuthentication() {

}

@Test

@RunAsClient

public void testClientAuthentication() {

}

}

With the code set like this, I get an error about not being able to inject the URL from the container side (See: ARQ-540). I found a response from Aslak Knutsen where he mentions declaring the client-side method like so:

@Test

@RunAsClient

public void testClientAuthentication(@ArquillianResource URL contextPath) {

}

However, I get a message about the method expecting 1 param, but got 0 and then a message about a callable being in the Drone context. Little help here would be much appreciated. Thanks.