1 Reply Latest reply on Jul 23, 2014 9:42 AM by lafr

JBoss 7.1.1 does not support Persistance Provider - org.hibernate.jpa.HibernatePersistenceProvider

shwelzen

Hi,

I was trying to deploy an application using JBoss 7.1.1 and that uses Persistance.

However, i keep getting the error: javax.persistence.PersistenceException: JBAS011466: PersistenceProvider 'org.hibernate.jpa.HibernatePersistenceProvider' not found

After some amount of troubleshooting and research on forums, i found that the jar file: hibernate-entitymanager-4.0.1.Final.jar  does not contain the jpa package itself.

The following hibernate jar files are present for JBoss 7.1.1  at path: <<JBoss_Home>>/modules/org/hibernate/main

hibernate-commons-annotations-4.0.1.Final.jar

hibernate-core-4.0.1.Final.jar

hibernate-entitymanager-4.0.1.Final.jar

hibernate-infinispan-4.0.1.Final.jar

However, the provider is present in the jar file: hibernate-entitymanager-4.3.5.Final.jar

I tried using the latest jar file in my pom.xml and excluded: 'org.hibernate' from the jboss deployment structure.

But, it lead to other complications:

• org.jboss.as.server.deployment.DeploymentUnitProcessingException: JBAS018037: Failed to process WEB-INF/lib: "/content/AdminConfig.war/WEB-INF/lib/hibernate-core-4.1.6.Final.jar"

WARN [org.jboss.as.server.deployment] (MSC service thread 1-1) JBAS015852: Could not index class org/dom4j/Document.class at /content/AdminConfig.war/WEB-INF/lib/dom4j-1.6.1.jar: java.util.zip.ZipException: invalid LOC header (bad signature)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Can someone help with suggesting a fix for the issue with JBoss 7.1.1?

Or if the correct dependencies in pom.xml and jboss-deployment-structure.xml can be provided?

As a workaround, the provider: org.hibernate.ejb.HibernatePersistence is being used. But, i want to use JPA provider to avoid any future issues due to depreciation.

Thanks,

Sheldon