0 Replies Latest reply on Aug 1, 2014 5:28 AM by c_lohmn

Upgrading from Infinispan 5.3 to 6.0: incompatible cache store entries

c_lohmn

Hi,

we are currently using Infinispan 5.3, using it as a Data Grid and storing cache entries in a database.

We are now evaluating a switch to Infinispan 6.0.

During the first tests (starting the cluster with database entries stored with ISPN 5.3), we saw that the cache store entries seem to be incompatible:

java.lang.ClassCastException: org.infinispan.container.entries.ImmortalCacheValue cannot be cast to org.infinispan.util.KeyValuePair

at org.infinispan.persistence.jdbc.stringbased.JdbcStringBasedStore$2.call(JdbcStringBasedStore.java:336)

at org.infinispan.persistence.jdbc.stringbased.JdbcStringBasedStore$2.call(JdbcStringBasedStore.java:309)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)

at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:471)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:262)

at org.infinispan.util.concurrent.WithinThreadExecutor.execute(WithinThreadExecutor.java:22)

at java.util.concurrent.ExecutorCompletionService.submit(ExecutorCompletionService.java:181)

at org.infinispan.persistence.jdbc.stringbased.JdbcStringBasedStore.process(JdbcStringBasedStore.java:309)

Although the persistence API redesign was mentioned in the blog, I see no info about such an incompatibility in the release notes or the migration guide.

That seems strange to me. I guessed, there must be quite some people not wanting to throw away all the stored data grid content when upgrading infinispan.

Is there a proposed way to migrate the database/cache store entries?

TIA,

Carsten