8 Replies Latest reply on Aug 15, 2014 11:44 PM by stavroskalamat

JBOSS DV installation is failing

stavroskalamat

Here are some helpful comments.

Windows Java Env'nt Variables:

1) we have entered a JAVA_HOME System Variable with value C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_60

2) In the string of Path variable we have added %JAVA_HOME%\bin

The server I'm trying to install JBOSS DV is a Windows 2008 R2 EE vmware virtual machine with the vmware tools installed on it.

The server does not have internet connectivity.

IE Enhanced Security has been turned off for Admins and Users

Although the installation fails I can still run the standalone.bat in the bin folder and then access the admin mngt console from localhost:8080 that redirects me successfully to localhost:9990

While at the admin console I can browse all console features, options, etc. There are 0 messages showing in the console.

I don't see any error manifesting while I'm using the console nor when the server starts

The installation log shows mngt interface failed connection attempts (the bottom of it shows in the shot6 jpg attached)

The jar file I'm trying to install is "jboss-dv-installer-6.0.0.GA-redhat-4.jar"

McAffee VirusScan Ent. is installed and running on the VM. I am not allowed (and can't even if I wanted to) to stop the app'n nor its services.

The Java entries in the registry look correct.

Any ideas what may be the problem?

Any type of lead will help.

I have a few jpgs uploaded to assist your efforts to help me. If I'm missing something or more info is needed please ask for it and I'll expedite my response.

Thanks in advance.

sk

• 1. Re: JBOSS DV installation is failing
          rareddy

Stavros,

I believe it requires the internet connection, but that requirement is being removed in next version of DV

Ramesh..

• 2. Re: JBOSS DV installation is failing
            stavroskalamat

Thanks for the reply Ramesh.

Although I can't run the jar installation on another machine w/ internet connectivity on the same network I can confirm that JBOSS DV installed flawlessly on a test env'nt I have at my disposal on another site. All machines at that site have internet connectivity so you have a point.

As mentioned at the top of the discussion I do not get any type of error, even after the installation fails, so I'll proceed with the rest of my tasks as if JDV functions per expectations.

I'll keep this discussion going to share my experiences after the next step (installation of BPM) completes.

• 3. Re: JBOSS DV installation is failing
              stavroskalamat

Since BPM has the option to install its own EAP I removed the previous installation and installed a new one with BPM. That installation completed flawlessly. Although it may be unorthodox, then, I re-ran a fresh DV installation on top of the BPM using its EAP. That installation had the same issues as described up above. Once more, I had absolutely no error when I accessed the mngt console. I also made a config change from localhost to an IP and everything keeps on running normally. No error messages whatsoever.

However, a new problem showed up (life is a balance of good and evil, ups and downs or fixing and breaking, right?). Here it is. After I successfully login to the Redhat JBOSS BPM suite I get a beautiful HTTP Status 408 (see below). Any idea how I can resolve that ?

HTTP408.jpg

• 4. Re: JBOSS DV installation is failing
                rareddy

Stavros,

I am not sure it is good idea to install the JDV over previously installed EAP + BPM solution, as I am not sure what configuration files it may be overrode. I need to ask around if there is a mode in JDV install that it installs DV on existing EAP instance.

Ramesh..

• 5. Re: JBOSS DV installation is failing
                  stavroskalamat

Hello Ramesh,

First of all thanks for replying. Your point is valid. I'll blow up all installations and try it in the logical order the products must be installed, and that is, in my mind at least, JDV with its own back end EAP and then BPM using DV's EAP. I hope this is the right sequence.

I'll come back with comments when the above effort completes.

Stavros

• 6. Re: JBOSS DV installation is failing
                    stavroskalamat

The HTTP 408 error stubbornly persists. Although old the following URL gives some insight how to get rid of HTTP 408.

http://readlist.com/lists/tomcat.apache.org/users/7/35987.html

Per URL,

I added the meta tags in the Head section of the login.jsp  located in ...standalone/deployments/business-central.war and rerun standalone.bat so when I accessed the BPM suite login pg and checked the results of "view source" I confirmed the meta tags were there. then tried to login BUT, as mentioned above, the HTTP 408 is still there.

BTW, IE enhanced Security Config has been disabled for user and admins and "Override automatic cookie handling" along with "always allow session cookies" have been enabled. Both of the above are located in IE "Internet Options", Privacy tab under Advanced.

Any other ideas how to resolve this issue will be welcome.

Thanks in advance,

Stavros

• 7. Re: JBOSS DV installation is failing
                      rareddy

You should ask this question in BRMS forums.

• 8. Re: JBOSS DV installation is failing
                        stavroskalamat

Thanks Ramesh. I'll migrate my Q. to BRMS per your advice.