9 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2008 10:44 PM by bsnyder

Error getting eclipse plugin

jcmunuera

Hi,

I've found some problems when trying to update the eclipse plugin from http://repo.open.iona.com/fuse-update-site. The cause seems to be the missing http://repo.open.iona.com/fuse-update-site/plugins/org.apache.cxf_2.0.2.jar file.

Any idea?

Thanks

Edited by: jcm on Sep 20, 2007 6:22 AM

Edited by: jcm on Sep 20, 2007 6:24 AM

• 1. Re: Error getting eclipse plugin
          davestanley

The Fuse tooling was updated to version 1.3.5 on September 24th. Can you give it a try now.

Regards

/Dave

• 2. Re: Error getting eclipse plugin
            pdastoor

What is the correct URL for the update site?  I see http://repo.open.iona.com/consolidated-fuse-update-site/ and http://repo.open.iona.com/fuse-update-site/ posted, but neither give me a working plug-in.  The latter will give me a plug-in, but it is missing the org.apache.cxf dependency.

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 3. Re: Error getting eclipse plugin
              bsnyder

There are full installation instructions here:

http://open.iona.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/FUSE+Eclipse+Tools

I just checked the consolidated update site (http://repo.open.iona.com/consolidated-fuse-update-site/) and it is working correctly. It provides a full list of all versions of the FUSE Eclipse Tooling. Are you behind a firewall or a HTTP proxy or something similar that may be restricting what you see?

Bruce

• 4. Re: Error getting eclipse plugin
                pdastoor

We followed the full instructions, and verified the proxy settings for the network connection in Eclipse to be valid. 

Here's what happens when we try to install the Fuse Tooling Plug-ins:

The only item available for selection is IONA Fuse Services Framework Tools 2.0.2.  I select it and press the Select Required button (but of course, there's nothing else for it to select).  After accepting the license, the feature identifier is org.apache.cxf.feature_2.0.2.  I choose "install all". 

After it installs and restarts Eclipse, I go into manage configurations for software updates.  I see the Framework Tools, but it is marked with a red x.  The status in the properties indicates that the feature is not configured properly.  The reason is "Plug-in "org.apache.cxf" version "2.0.2.2" referenced by this feature is missing".

Any idea what I'm missing?

• 5. Re: Error getting eclipse plugin
                  bsnyder

I'm not sure why you're seeing these issues. I just walked through the instructions on the wiki page and performed an install from the latest items without an issue. Below are the items I installed:

• STP Core Model

• STP Service Creation Feature

• STP Service Creation For JAX-WS

• STP SOA System Feature

• STP SOA System Runtime Feature

Then I walked through an install of the FUSE Eclipse Tools via the consolidated update site URL and installed the following items:

• IONA FUSE Tooling (Help Not Included) 1.4.1.1

• IONA FUSE Services Framework Tooks 2.0.2

Do you already have any of these items installed in Eclipse? You may need to delete them from your features and plugins directory before trying to install them again. Also, what version of Eclipse are you using? You need Eclipse Europa (3.3). Make sure to use the Eclipse IDE for Java EE Developers.

Bruce

• 6. Re: Error getting eclipse plugin
                    pdastoor

Thanks Bruce.  I have the proper Eclipse version (and this update has worked in the past).  I've updated the the SOA tools to the latest version, but still don't see any features on the Fuse site (via the Eclipse software updates), although I can see them when I browse the site from an internet browser).  So, I'll reinstall Eclipse today and let you know if this remains an issue.

• 7. Re: Error getting eclipse plugin
                      bsnyder

I've updated the the SOA tools to the latest version, but still don't see any features on the Fuse site (via the Eclipse software updates), although I can see them when I browse the site from an internet browser). So, I'll reinstall Eclipse today and let you know if this remains an issue.

Yeah, if you've installed any of the items previously in this Eclipse install, then you won't be able to see those items from within the Eclipse update process.

Bruce

• 8. Re: Error getting eclipse plugin
                        mbierikoven

I realize the same problem as pdastoor.

I strictly followed your hints for updating eclipse http://open.iona.com/wiki/display/ProdInfo/FUSE+Eclipse+Tools

Help | Software Updates | Manage Configuration shows the following status information for IONA Fuse Services Framework Tools 2.0.2

Plug-in "org.apache.cxf" version "2.0.2.2" referenced by this feature is missing.

Help | About Eclipse Platform | Plug-in Details     brings up

An internal error occurred during: "org.apache.cxf".

java.lang.IllegalStateException

Help | About Eclipse Platform | Feature Details   doesn't show any cxf feature

On the other side looking into the eclipse subdirectories for features and plugins proofs that the files are present and stored today.

features: org.apache.cxf.feature_2.0.2

plugins: org.apache.cxf_2.0.2.2

But the directory structure for the plugin is a bit strange:

eclipse

+ plugins

++org.apache.cxf_2.0.2.2

+++plugins

++++org.apache.cxf_2.0.2.2-fuse

Reorganizing the directory structure to

eclipse

+ plugins

++org.apache.cxf_2.0.2.2-fuse

doesn't work either.

Hope my hints help identifying the cause of error.

TIA

• 9. Re: Error getting eclipse plugin
                          bsnyder

It looks like you might have selected multiple versions of the CXF plugin to install. I just walked through a fresh install using the steps in the wiki page two days ago and the plugins installed without error, so I know it's working correctly. It would probably be best if you removed what you installed and walk through the install again. If that fails, download a fresh copy of Eclipse and walk through the install with that to see if that will work. If it does work, then it tells me that the FUSE tooling is clashing with something else in your Eclipse install.

Bruce