7 Replies Latest reply on Jan 27, 2009 1:21 PM by rodehav

camel-fix and JDBC store

rodehav

I'm slowly getting the camel-fix component to work but now ran into problems using the JDBC store with QuickFix/J. It doesn't seem to matter if I enter the JDBC settings in the quickfix configuration file, the FileStore seems to be used anyway. Looking in the source code it looks like the FileStore is hardcoded. How do I use the JDBC Store with camel-fix?

/Bengt

• 1. Re: camel-fix and JDBC store
          davsclaus

Hi

If it really looks like its hardcoded, then its a bug. Could you create a ticket in the FUSE issue tracker?

• 2. Re: camel-fix and JDBC store
            rodehav

I'm not sure if I'm authorised to open new issues. How do I do that?

• 3. Re: camel-fix and JDBC store
              davsclaus
              rodehav wrote:

I'm not sure if I'm authorised to open new issues. How do I do that?

I think anyone that have signed up and created an account can do that

http://fusesource.com/issues/browse/MR

There is a create new issue button (standard JIRA) to create the ticket.

If not then write back and we can take it from there.

• 4. Re: camel-fix and JDBC store
                rodehav

Hello again!

No, I see no way to create an issue on the URL you referred to. I read somewhere that a support contract is required in order to be able to create issues. I am just a registered user here at the FUSE community. Anyway if you could create an issue for me I would be grateful. Here is a description:

Issue

JdbcStoreFactory cannot be used with camel-fix component

Description

It does not seem to be possible to use any other message store factory than the FileStoreFactory in the camel-fix component. The message store factory is created by the FixEndpoint class when calling the start() method. A mechanism should be put in place that determines, from the QuickFix/J configuration, what store factory to create. Alternatively, there should be a standard (and documented) way to subclass the FixEndpoint class in order to customize the QuickFix initialisation.

It seems like the log factory is also hard coded to ScreenLogFactory in the same manner as the store factory.

• 5. Re: camel-fix and JDBC store
                  rodehav

When resolving the issue with the message store factory, I think my other post (http://fusesource.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=589&tstart=0 bullet 3) should be taken into account.

Maybe it isn't possible to make everything configurable via the QuickFix/J configuration file. In a QuickFix/J application a lot of the configuration is actually done in java code and perhaps a flexible subclassing system is a better solution.

• 6. Re: camel-fix and JDBC store
                    davsclaus

Hi

I have created a new ticket

http://fusesource.com/issues/browse/MR-143

• 7. Re: camel-fix and JDBC store
                      rodehav

Thanks!

/Bengt