9 Replies Latest reply on Feb 16, 2009 7:50 AM by Claus Ibsen

camel-jetty in FUSE ESB 4

Quan Feng Newbie

I am trying to use camel-jetty component in Fuse ESB 4.0.0.3 and get an error. I am new to Camel and might have not undstood or used it properly; here is what I did:

1. I want to send a http request to http://0.0.0.0:8081/xyz/scheduling and get the message into my JBI service.

2. I OSGi-installed camel-jetty-1.5.1.0-fuse.jar. It looks like camel-jetty-1.5.1.0-fuse.jar depends on camel-http-1.5.1.0-fuse.jar and commons-io-1.4.jar, so I downloaded the jars and installed them.

2. I created a JBI SU using Camel. Here is my camel-context.xml:

3. Created a JBI SA containing the Camel SU (and other SUs).

4. When I deployed the SA into Fuse-ESB-4.0.0.3, I got the following error:

org.apache.camel.NoSuchEndpointException: No endpoint could be found for: jetty:http://0.0.0.0:8081/di10/scheduling, please check your classpath contains the needed camel component jar.

at org.apache.camel.util.CamelContextHelper.getMandatoryEndpoint(CamelContextHelper.java:55)

at org.apache.camel.model.RouteType.resolveEndpoint(RouteType.java:99)

at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultRouteContext.resolveEndpoint(DefaultRouteContext.java:106)

at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultRouteContext.resolveEndpoint(DefaultRouteContext.java:112)

at org.apache.camel.model.FromType.resolveEndpoint(FromType.java:73)

at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultRouteContext.getEndpoint(DefaultRouteContext.java:81)

at org.apache.camel.model.RouteType.addRoutes(RouteType.java:213)

at org.apache.camel.model.RouteType.addRoutes(RouteType.java:89)

at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startRouteDefinitions(DefaultCamelContext.java:639)

at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStart(DefaultCamelContext.java:631)

at org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.maybeDoStart(SpringCamelContext.java:167)

at org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.doStart(SpringCamelContext.java:162)

at org.apache.camel.impl.ServiceSupport.start(ServiceSupport.java:47)

at org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.maybeStart(SpringCamelContext.java:97)

Does anyone see a problem? Could it be a bug of Fuse ESB? Thanks.

• 1. Re: camel-jetty in FUSE ESB 4
          Gert Vanthienen Novice

L.S.,

The problem is in mixing up OSGi and JBI packaging.  If you want to package your Camel route in a JBI SU, you have to add the dependency (i.c. camel-jetty) to the SU itself.  You can do this by adding it to the pom.xml file as a <dependency/>

You can also deploy the camel-jetty component as an OSGi bundle as you did and then create another OSGi bundle containing the Camel route.  Make sure to import the necessary packages from your camel-jetty bundle into the camel route bundle.

I have raised a JIRA on ServiceMix 4 (https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4NMR-67) so we can add this feature in a future release.

Regards,

Gert

• 2. Re: camel-jetty in FUSE ESB 4
            Quan Feng Newbie

Gert,

Thanks for your help. I made some progress following your suggestions, though not quite getting to where I'd like to be. Here's what I have done and the results:

1. Declare the dependency on camel-jetty in the SU. The jbi-maven-plugin pulls all the dependent jetty jar files into my SU; this is ok, but the SA containing the SU isn't deployed properly. The error message says something like "a method in org.mortbay.thread.Timeout doesn't exist". I guess this is probably a result of mixing different versions of jetty and jetty-util jars in the environment.

2. Create an OSGi bundle for the Camel route. This works fine for a route like

Both the bundle and SA are deployed and started ok, and I can send http requests to http://xyz.com/xyzService, but the messages just don't reach jbi:service:xyz:xyzService.

Do you see any problem in my configs or have further suggestions? Thanks again, I really appreciate your help.

• 3. Re: camel-jetty in FUSE ESB 4
              Oliver Newell Newbie

Hi -

I have a similar issue trying to deploy a Camel-based application that uses the camel-jetty component in SMX 4.0.

Basically, I have a simple test service that takes an XML message over HTTP and routes it to a POJO using Camel. It is all working fine when I use the Camel Maven plug in and execute 'mvn camel:run' to run the service.

I added the Maven OSGi bundle plug-in configuration to the POM, and it looks like all the right information is being included in the MANIFEST.MF  (org.apache.camel.component.jetty in particular)

-

Manifest-Version: 1.0

Export-Package: edu.mit.ll.fuse.examples.camel

Private-Package: edu.mit.ll.fuse.examples.camel.simpleService

Built-By: olivern

Tool: Bnd-0.0.255

Bundle-Name: MIT Lincoln Lab FUSE Examples - Camel

Created-By: Apache Maven Bundle Plugin

Bundle-Version: 1.0

Build-Jdk: 1.6.0_06

Bnd-LastModified: 1234742822065

Bundle-ManifestVersion: 2

Import-Package: edu.mit.ll.fuse.examples.camel,javax.xml.stream,org.ap

ache.camel;version="1.5",org.apache.camel.component.http;version="1.5

",org.apache.camel.component.jetty;version="1.5",org.apache.camel.con

verter.xmlbeans;version="1.5",org.apache.camel.osgi,org.apache.xmlbea

ns;version="2.4",org.apache.xmlbeans.xml.stream;version="2.4",org.w3c

.dom

Bundle-SymbolicName: edu.mit.ll.fuse.examples.camel-http-pox-service

-

I have installed the camel-jetty, camel-http, and apache commons IO packages in

my SMX 4.0 instance, and that seemed to work ok (though I have a separate question about

how to control the order that they are loaded at startup by the SMX kernel).

The camelConfig.xml file looks like:

-

-

When I deploy the test service, all the normal OSGi package dependencies appear to

get resolved ok, but I get the following error (same error as Quan in the original thread post)

-

Exception in thread "SpringOsgiExtenderThread-55" org.apache.camel.NoSuchEndpointException: No endpoint could be found for: jetty:http://localhost:8084/services/simpleService, please check your classpath contains the needed camel component jar.

at org.apache.camel.util.CamelContextHelper.getMandatoryEndpoint(CamelContextHelper.java:55)

at org.apache.camel.model.RouteType.resolveEndpoint(RouteType.java:99)

at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultRouteContext.resolveEndpoint(DefaultRouteContext.java:106)

at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultRouteContext.resolveEndpoint(DefaultRouteContext.java:112)

at org.apache.camel.model.FromType.resolveEndpoint(FromType.java:73)

at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultRouteContext.getEndpoint(DefaultRouteContext.java:81)

at org.apache.camel.model.RouteType.addRoutes(RouteType.java:213)

at org.apache.camel.model.RouteType.addRoutes(RouteType.java:89)

at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.startRouteDefinitions(DefaultCamelContext.java:639)

at org.apache.camel.impl.DefaultCamelContext.doStart(DefaultCamelContext.java:631)

at org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.maybeDoStart(SpringCamelContext.java:167)

at org.apache.camel.spring.SpringCamelContext.doStart(SpringCamelContext.java:162)

At this point, I've double-checked for typos, etc..., and can't find any problems. I haven't set any classpath up for the OSGi bundle, as it seems like this isn't needed in the case of OSGi (is that correct, or do I need to do something with the classpath in the case of Camel?)

Any ideas would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

-Oliver

P.S.  I am attaching a Tarball containing the whole test service Maven module in case that is useful.

Edited by: olivern on Feb 16, 2009 12:52 AM

• 4. Re: camel-jetty in FUSE ESB 4
                Oliver Newell Newbie

Hi -

I enabled the DEBUG log level for servicemix and investigated this a bit further. From what I can tell, it looks like the camel-osgi module may not be being used for some reason, even though it is installed. From the logfile (attached), it seems like the plain-old 'org.apache.camel.spring.CamelContextFactoryBean' class is trying to find the camel-jetty component, rather than the OSGi-enabled version of the class ('org.apache.camel.osgi.CamelContextFactoryBean').  I never see any indication in the logfile that the OSGi version of CamelContextFactoryBean is actually instantiated, and that would certainly explain why the add-on component bundles like 'camel-jetty' are never getting recognized by Camel even though it looks like the bundles themselves start up ok in the OSGi container.

I don't understand the mechanism whereby the OSGi version of CamelContextFactoryBean is enabled to help find components, so I don't know where to look next - any help is appreciated!

-Oliver

• 5. Re: camel-jetty in FUSE ESB 4
                  Oliver Newell Newbie

I'm not sure if this is exactly the correct solution, but I noticed that the camel-osgi bundle sets up its own camelContext schema with a different namespace that the 'base' spring schema. If  the ) since it does represent a different type - having the extended element use the same name as the base element is somewhat confusing.

-Oliver

-

Edited by: olivern on Feb 16, 2009 11:22 AM

• 6. Re: camel-jetty in FUSE ESB 4
                    Claus Ibsen Master

Hi Oliver

Thanks for the feedback and the solution.

I have created a ticket about your findings, so we wont forget about it

https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/CAMEL-1345

• 7. Re: camel-jetty in FUSE ESB 4
                      Willem Jiang Master

Hi Quan Feng

It's looks like Camel can't find the JBI component in ESB4.

So which version of ESB4 are you using?

Can you show me the detail camel-su files?

Willem

• 8. Re: camel-jetty in FUSE ESB 4
                        Oliver Newell Newbie

Hi -

I think this problem is consistent with the schema namespace issue CAMEL-1345

Replacing

may solve it.

-Oliver

• 9. Re: camel-jetty in FUSE ESB 4
                          Willem Jiang Master

I did some works on the camel-osgi module,  all the camel osgi relates codes are in this module now.

If you are using the osgi target namespace, the osgi version of CamelContextFactoryBean will be used.

Willem