That jar should be already living in your Eclipse installation. It's part of the Web tools distribution which we use for the web services and server framework elements.
If you don't have it in the Eclipse installation, then you can download it directly from the WTP download site, as part of the the wtp and wtp-sdk packages.
Thanks for the quick response. I started over with the Eclipse J2EE build that seemed to solve the problem. Now I get the following error:
No repository found at http://maven-repo.boston.amer.iona.com/eclipse/updates/iona-internal/teflon/trunk/
I am working behind a proxy, but I assume that's not the issue since I was able to get to other update sites.
"No repository found at http://maven-repo.boston.amer.iona.com/eclipse/updates/iona-internal/teflon/trunk/"
Ok. That's a behind-the-firewall URL that should not be visible. Can you tell me at what point in the process you saw this message arise?
after you configured the update manager, but before you installed the update?
after you installed the update, but before you restarted your workspace?
after you restarted your workspace, but before you made a new project?
after you made a new project?
In the meantime, I'm going to do a sweep of the update site to see if there has been any accidental transfer of information.
Replying to myself here. I updated from outside the local FUSE Source network and indeed there is an interloper appearing in the update site list when one adds the current FUSE Eclipse update site.
this will not affect the functioning of the software, it appears to be some extra bogus configuration information that the eclipse p2 provisioning manager has picked up on, and
it's definitely something that I want to remove.
Watch UI-325 for resolution of the matter.
By the way, the offending entry can be removed by pressing the Manage Sites button in the update manager, then unticking the appropriate checkbox in the site list.
I received the error when I added repo.fusesource.com/eclipse/update to the available software sites. I removed both sites and added back the fusesource site. This works. You must have removed a dependency there somewhere. Thanks for your help.
FYI, I receive a permission error when I try to access the JIRA ticket mentioned in your post.
Unfortunately, I receive an error when trying to access that JIRA issue as well.
Hi Ron - it looks like I didn't configure that JIRA project correctly. I'll go off and fix that...