Can you check if there are any logging output in the $FUSE_ESB_HOME/data/log?
If you don't use servicemix-camel component which is still use camel-1.x, it should be OK for you to use the Camel 2.0-M1 on FUSE ESB 184.108.40.206.
I am seeing exactly the same behavior: shell hangs, CPU steady at 100% once camel-spring 2.0M1 is attempted to be installed.
P.S. and no log entries in log file.
OK, I got it to work using the following steps:
- Uninstall all camel bundles 1.x (e.g. camel-spring 1.6.0).
- Install camel bundles 2.x. I tried camel-spring 2.0-M1 first, it worked, then camel-core hung.
- Kill the ESB and restart it. camel-core seems to be installed fine.
- Continue installing all bundles.
- Make sure to run osgi/install -s to start the bundles.
Charles Moulliard from the Camel community and a committer on Camel is running Camel 2.0 SNAPSHOT in the FUSE ESB container all day.
He wrote several tutorials on this. Might not explicit how to install 2.0 on 4.1. But his tutorials might give a hint how to do it:
BTW FUSE ESB 4.2 will use FUSE MR 2.0 (= camel 2.0) to be released in Q3.
Edited by: davsclaus on Jul 7, 2009 7:21 AM
Hi Claus, do you have any news about the date for the 4.2 release? Even unofficial...
The version has changed and its now versioned 4.1 instead of 4.2.
Then its aligned with the upcoming Apache ServiceMix 4.1 release as well.
All these will include Apache Camel 2.1 that is being released this week.
FUSE ESB 4.1 to be GA in Q1 2010.