7 Replies Latest reply on May 26, 2009 5:16 PM by oisin

Creating Fuse Integration Designer Diagram - [Next Step]

paulosampei_psampei

Hi forum,

I´m trying learning more about Fuse Integration, but still with very difficult to learn and would like to know, which the next step, when created FIDD.

Maybe the next step, should be: Import (.eip) to ESB.

I´m using the example to create a simple FIDD with 3 steps on 'itinerary':

FileEndPoint -

> MessageFilter -
      > FileEndPoint

FEP: \wrk\demoProject\bookstore

MF: xpath:/bookstore/book/price                            

FEP: \wrk\demoProject\bookstore-out

Any advice can help and will be welcome.....

Cheers...

Paulo Sampei.

• 1. Re: Creating Fuse Integration Designer Diagram - [Next Step]
          oisin

Hi Paolo,

Just yesterday we uploaded a brand new version of the FUSE Integration Designer to FUSE Source.

This new version 1.2 addresses an enormous amount of bugs and missing capabilities from 1.1, and also has a considerable amount of built-in Eclipse help to get you up and running.

The download is a full Eclipse install, with all the required plugins in place. It's large, but it means no fiddling about with update sites is required.

Try it out and let us know how it goes for you.

--oh

• 2. Re: Creating Fuse Integration Designer Diagram - [Next Step]
            paulosampei_psampei

Hello oisin,

Thank to reply , then i will go download new version, and i go test this.

But other question: after create the FID, this version 1.2, it then go transfer to Fuse ESB (auto), or no??..

I trying understand, after of create process, How i do to transfer to Fuse ESB?.

cheers,

Paulo Sampei.

• 3. Re: Creating Fuse Integration Designer Diagram - [Next Step]
              sachinh

Hi Paulo,

In 1.2 you will be able to set up ESB in the Servers view (right click New>Server and then choose the version of FUSE ESB you want to use). You can then add the EIP project onto the configured server and publish the EIP to the ESB. The 1.2 tooling will take care of all the required packaging.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Sachin

• 4. Re: Creating Fuse Integration Designer Diagram - [Next Step]
                paulosampei_psampei

Hi Sachin,

thank you to advice and reply....

Now i´m trying create a new Maven Project, using OSGI, but when create new project, show a message error:

Unable to create project from archetype org.springframework.osgi:spring-osgi-bundle-archetype:1.0-m3-SNAPSHOT -> http://static.springframework.org/maven2-snapshots

The desired archetype does not exist (org.springframework.osgi:spring-osgi-bundle-archetype:1.0-m3-SNAPSHOT)

Console:

5/25/09 9:46:01 AM BRT: Eclipse is running in a JRE, but a JDK is required

Some Maven plugins may not work when importing projects or updating source folders.

5/25/09 9:46:11 AM BRT: Unable to update index for m2eclipse http://repo.fusesource.com/maven2/

5/25/09 9:49:06 AM BRT: INFO Setting property: classpath.resource.loader.class => 'org.codehaus.plexus.velocity.ContextClassLoaderResourceLoader'.

5/25/09 9:49:06 AM BRT: INFO Setting property: velocimacro.messages.on => 'false'.

5/25/09 9:49:06 AM BRT: INFO Setting property: resource.loader => 'classpath'.

5/25/09 9:49:06 AM BRT: INFO Setting property: resource.manager.logwhenfound => 'false'.

5/25/09 9:49:22 AM BRT: INFO snapshot org.springframework.osgi:spring-osgi-bundle-archetype:1.0-m3-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from m2eclipse

5/25/09 9:50:04 AM BRT: INFO snapshot org.springframework.osgi:spring-osgi-bundle-archetype:1.0-m3-SNAPSHOT: checking for updates from spring-osgi-bundle-archetype-repo

5/25/09 9:50:07 AM BRT: ERROR The desired archetype does not exist (org.springframework.osgi:spring-osgi-bundle-archetype:1.0-m3-SNAPSHOT) The desired archetype does not exist (org.springframework.osgi:spring-osgi-bundle-archetype:1.0-m3-SNAPSHOT)

thank again....

Sampei.

• 5. Re: Creating Fuse Integration Designer Diagram - [Next Step]
                  oisin

Unable to create project from archetype org.springframework.osgi:spring-osgi-bundle-archetype:1.0-m3-SNAPSHOT -> http://static.springframework.org/maven2-snapshots

The desired archetype does not exist (org.springframework.osgi:spring-osgi-bundle-archetype:1.0-m3-SNAPSHOT)

I tried to hit the http://static.springframework.org/maven2-snapshots address and got a 404 back - so it appears that the snapshots repo doesn't exist at that URL.

This would be a good reason for there to be no archetype there

--oh

• 6. Re: Creating Fuse Integration Designer Diagram - [Next Step]
                    paulosampei_psampei

Hi Oisin, thanks......

then, What´s the correct URL? other thing, What´s the MAVEN INDEXES ???

Maybe can be this: Maven Indexes...

Maven Indexes:

workspace

local: /psampei/.m2/repository

m2eclipse: http://repo.fusesource.com/maven2/

The Catalog that i´m using is:

Internal -

>

GroupId: org.springframework.osgi

Artifact: spring-osgibundle-archetype

Always in Catalog 'Internal' show me the org.springframework, the others,

don't see on Nexus Indexer / Default Local.

I dont know, but can be error in Maven...

tks,

Sampei.

• 7. Re: Creating Fuse Integration Designer Diagram - [Next Step]
                      oisin

Hi Paolo,

I'm afraid I don't know what the correct URL is - this is a SpringSource Maven repository, and you will have to visit their site to find out.

The Maven indexes are a very important part of interacting with Maven in Eclipse. There is a Maven Indexes view - which you have found - where you should enter all of the repositories that you want to index, including the one in which the archetype is to be found

Let's go back to the beginning here.

Where do you start? What is the series of choices that you make when constructing this project?  Then I can check to see if I am getting the same effect that you are seeing.