2 Replies Latest reply on May 21, 2009 4:45 AM by socallag

error message

manusia

i've installed fuse message broker 5.3.0.1 and jdk1.6.0_13 on my windows, and jdk1.6.0_10 on my linux but when i activate the fuse (./activemq or activemq.bat) on linux or windows, i've getting an error message:

this is a part of message on linux:

caused by: java.lang.LinkageError: JAXB 2.0 API is being loaded from the bootstrap classloader, but this RI (from jar:file:/opt/progress/fuse-message-broker-5.3.0.1/lib/jaxb-impl-2.1.6.jar!/com/sun/xml/bind/v2/model/impl/ModelBuilder.class) needs 2.1 API. Use the endorsed directory mechanism to place jaxb-api.jar in the bootstrap classloader. (See http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/standards/)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.model.impl.ModelBuilder.<clinit>(ModelBuilder.java:173)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.getTypeInfoSet(JAXBContextImpl.java:422)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.runtime.JAXBContextImpl.<init>(JAXBContextImpl.java:286)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:139)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:117)

at com.sun.xml.bind.v2.ContextFactory.createContext(ContextFactory.java:188)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:597)

at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.newInstance(ContextFinder.java:132)

at javax.xml.bind.ContextFinder.find(ContextFinder.java:286)

at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:372)

at javax.xml.bind.JAXBContext.newInstance(JAXBContext.java:337)

at org.apache.camel.spring.handler.CamelNamespaceHandler.createJaxbContext(CamelNamespaceHandler.java:170)

please help me to solve this problem, thanks a lot...

• 1. Re: error message
          martinmurphy

I just started FUSE MB 5.3.0.1 with JDK 1.6.0_13 on my XP laptop and it starts fine, and loads the camel context without any problems:

INFO  DefaultCamelContext            - Apache Camel 1.6.0.0-fuse (CamelContext:camel) is starting

INFO  TransportConnector             - Connector vm://localhost Started

INFO  DefaultCamelContext            - Apache Camel 1.6.0.0-fuse (CamelContext:camel) started

Have you modified the config in any way or is this just a normal installation starting up? I suspect that perhaps you have deployed a camel route that is doing some JAXB marshalling? If that is the case you may be picking up the JAXB 2.0 API that ships with Java 1.6. If you place the jaxb-api-2.1.jar into $JRE_HOME/lib/endorsed, you will get the JRE to pick up JAXB 2.1 instead of 2.0.

Hope that helps.

• 2. Re: error message
            socallag

Hi,

Please see section 7.1.2 of this page:

https://jaxb.dev.java.net/guide/Migrating_JAXB_2_0_applications_to_JavaSE_6.html

Regards,

Seán.