5 Replies Latest reply on Jun 26, 2009 1:17 AM by spindipr

Trouble deploying to Service Mix from within FUSE Integration Designer

jcornell

I am able to successful start my server which is referencing serverice mix externally from the Fuse Integration Designer Servers perspective.  When I try to add the project to the running server I am getting a Null Pointer Exception. 

at org.apache.servicemix.jbi.framework.DeploymentService.start (Deployment Service.java:378)

My eip_diagram simply pulls messages off a JMS Q and write out to a file.  Not a major mind bender.  Any help would be appreciated

Edited by: jcornell on Jun 24, 2009 7:25 PM

• 1. Re: Trouble deploying to Service Mix from within FUSE Integration Designer
          spindipr

Hi jcornell,

Could you provide the below details?

Which version of FUSE ESB server you are using?

From where you are starting the server (i.e outside or inside the FID) ?

Where did you find this error? (i.e in the error log view or in the Service mix log file)

Are you trying to start the deployed project in the server?

Could you please attach the service mix log file that is located at "/data/log"

Thanks,

Sailaja.

Edited by: spindipr on Jun 25, 2009 6:16 AM

• 2. Re: Trouble deploying to Service Mix from within FUSE Integration Designer
            jcornell

Which version of FUSE ESB server you are using?

I am running FuseESB 3.3.1.13

From where you are starting the server (i.e outside or inside the FID) ?

I am starting the server inside the FID

Where did you find this error? (i.e in the error log view or in the Service mix log file)

I saw the error print out in the console

Are you trying to start the deployed project in the server?

Yes

Do you have an example project you can share that you know will deploy...?

Thanks

• 3. Re: Trouble deploying to Service Mix from within FUSE Integration Designer
              spindipr

Once you add the project into the ESB Server, you need to publish the server instead of starting the Project. Once you publish the server, the project will be started automatically.

I have attached the sample project which you can import and deploy in to the server and publish the server.

BTW, FID does not support FUSE ESB 3.3. It supports 3.4, 4.0,4.1 versions of the FUSE ESB.

Thanks,

Sailaja.

• 4. Re: Trouble deploying to Service Mix from within FUSE Integration Designer
                jcornell

I am not sure what I did differently but I was able to deploy the Service Assembly to Servicemix from inside the FID.  Thanks:) 

I am now getting the following error and not really sure what it means

org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle 43: package; (package=org.apache.activemq)

at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.resolveBundle(Felix.java:3059)

at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.startBundle(Felix.java:1439)

at org.apache.felix.framework.Felix.setActiveStartLevel(Felix.java:984)

at org.apache.felix.framework.StartLevelImpl.run(StartLevelImpl.java:263)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

ERROR: Error starting file:/C:/fuse4Installation/data/generated-bundles/activemq-broker.xml.jar (org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Unresolved constraint in bundle 43: package; (package=org.apache.activemq))

Edited by: jcornell on Jun 25, 2009 6:45 PM

• 5. Re: Trouble deploying to Service Mix from within FUSE Integration Designer
                  spindipr

Its a known issue in FUSE ESB. You can find the issue at http://fusesource.com/issues/browse/ESB-750 There is a workaround mentioned in the bug. Apart from this you can also try renaming the data folder that is located at /data and start the server.

Thanks,

Sailaja.