4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 11, 2009 7:52 PM by oren

How to shutdown a FUSE ESB from the shell?

oren

Dear All,

How do I properly shut down a running FUSE ESB (not an just a child instance - the whole ESB) from a shell or a remote shell? Say I am preparing for a system shutdown or power outage. I tried "admin" and then "stop" but that works only for child instances. Thanks.

• 1. Re: How to shutdown a FUSE ESB from the shell?
          ccustine

It is not currently possible to stop the main SMX instance remotely from the SSH shell.  I think allowing this would open up a lot of opportunities for "accidents", but it may be possible to come up with a plausible solution.  If this is something you want to see added I would encourage you to open a feature request so that we can evaluate the idea.

Thanks,

Chris

• 2. Re: How to shutdown a FUSE ESB from the shell?
            oren

Thanks so much, Chris!

How do I submit a new feature? I can't find a URL. Thanks.

• 3. Re: How to shutdown a FUSE ESB from the shell?
              ccustine

I created a feature request for you here which will be moved to the corresponding Apache project if we get it added.

You can add yourself as a watcher if you want to be notified of updates to the status or comments.  This will most likely end up as a feature addition to Apache Karaf, which was previously known as ServiceMix Kernel.  You can also add features directly to the Apache Jiras.  We have our own instance which contains ServiceMix projects here.

but in this case, the feature will be part of Karaf which is under the  Apache Felix Jira.

I figured I would save you the trouble of figuring out which one, but you can use the URLs above in the future if you want.

Thanks,

Chris

Edited by: ccustine on Aug 11, 2009 5:39 PM

• 4. Re: How to shutdown a FUSE ESB from the shell?
                oren

Thank you so much, Chris. You are great!