4 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2009 2:08 AM by Heinz Drews

Import into Eclipse

Heinz Drews Newbie

I have started with the source version of Fuse and run the maven install and eclipse:eclipse steps.

Importing into an empty workspace fails because there are duplicate prokect names (bridge-http-su).  After eliminating these the import works fine but none of the projects have Java nature and a proper buildpath set.

Is there anything I have missed?

I can also not locate entries for the ServiceMix components like file and vfs.

Where can I find them?

Regards,

Heinz

• 1. Re: Import into Eclipse
          Pedro Neveu Newbie

Hi Heinz,

Which version of the product are you using and where did you download it from?  I'd like to check it to see if I get the same problems.  I have never seen this type of issues with Eclipse before.  Also let me know how you're importing the project into Eclipse and whether you have M2_REPO set.

Pedro

• 2. Re: Import into Eclipse
            Sean O'Callaghan Newbie

Hi Heinz,

What version of eclipse and ServiceMix are you using?

We'ld like to try and reproduce the issue here.

Typically I only import in the specific projects I am interested in to avoid having an unwieldy and slow workspace.

Regards,

Seán.

• 3. Re: Import into Eclipse
              Heinz Drews Newbie

Hello Pedro,

I have downloaded the source version of Fuse ESB 4.1 from this site.

Unpacking the zip produced a directory named ...apache-servicemix-4.1.0.2-fuse.

I haven't found information here on this site how to integrate into Eclipse I followed instructions from the Servicemix site.

After running mvn eclipse:eclipse .project files have been generated but most of them are like this:

I'm using Eclipse 3.4 as part of MyEclipse 7.5.

M2_REPO is set

Heinz

• 4. Re: Import into Eclipse
                Heinz Drews Newbie

Hello Seàn,

as posted before I'm using MyEclipse 7.5 which is Eclipse 3.4.x plus extras.

I wanted primarirly to get the servicemix:file component but I could not locate it in the source zip of Fuse ESB 4.1.0.2 becuae I wanted to extend it.

My hope was the running the complete process would download additional components.

Heinz