3 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2009 10:48 AM by nigelgay

Is it possible to use ws-securitypolicy with FUSE ESB 4.1?

nigelgay

We're trying to create web services secured with ws-securitypolicy, which I have working fine running just in the Fuse framework (web services inside a WAR container deployed on Tomcat).  I also have vanilla (no security) web services running fine in the ESB, built as OSGi bundles (based on the "servicemix-osgi-cxf-wsdl-first-archetype" maven archetype).

To add ws-securitypolicy to my web service deployed in the ESB, besides modifying the WSDL appropriately, I added:

, then it builds fine in maven, but as soon as I try to deploy the JAR into the ESB, the console logs:

Exception in thread "SpringOsgiExtenderThread-74" java.lang.NullPointerException

at org.apache.cxf.ws.policy.WSPolicyFeature.initialize(WSPolicyFeature.java:100)

at org.apache.cxf.bus.CXFBusImpl.initializeFeatures(CXFBusImpl.java:115)

(etc)

Can someone point me in the right direction?  Am I even approaching this the right way - should I instead be deploying an unsecured service into the ESB, but then adding a ws-security enabled endpoint using camel?  Are there any working examples (I can't find any ws-security examples that get installed with the ESB 4.1, and the ws-security examples that get installed with the ESB 3.3 are all JBI-based so not appropriate)?

Many thanks,

Nigel Gay.

Edited by: nigelgay on Sep 8, 2009 3:08 PM