5 Replies Latest reply on Oct 8, 2009 6:55 AM by oisin

Problem when installing FID from eclipse site

Hello Hurley,

I tried to install Fuse Integration Designer plugin on eclipse from the site http://repo.fusesource.com/eclipse/updates but there is a problem with the check trust phase.

It is weird because last time I installed FID, Eclipse send me a  problem with the dependency of springframework.

Scenario to reproduce:

1) Launch Eclipse Galileo SR1 for java EE developers

2) install pring ide plugin

3) install FID 1.2.1 plugin from the url http://repo.fusesource.com/eclipse/updates

=> an error is returned

Can you help me to understand? Is there any workaround to this issue?

Thanks for your help

• 1. Re: Problem when installing FID from eclipse site
          oisin

Hi - it looks like you are doing the right thing, but there may be an issue with the version of the Spring IDE plugin you are installing. FID 1.2.1 uses version 2.2.0 of the org.springframework.ide.eclipse.feature feature, but the Spring IDE update site only shows version 2.2.6 being available. I do know that Spring IDE 2.2.6 will cause FID 1.2.1 not to work correctly.

However - you can still get Spring IDE 2.2.0 as a zipped update site, which you can download and use as a local site when updating your IDE.

Here's the link for a direct download:

http://dist.springframework.org/release/IDE/spring-ide_updatesite_2.2.1_v200811281800.zip

If you would send on the information about the error, then that would be helpful for diagnosis, but I think in this case it is the versioning that is the problem.

regards

Oisin

• 2. Re: Problem when installing FID from eclipse site
            chganeshch

Hi,

Could you please provide the error trace and also specify which version of the spring IDE is using.

By the way FID 1.2.1 officially supports Eclipse 3.4.2, but not Eclipse 3.5.

Regards,

Ganesh

• 3. Re: Problem when installing FID from eclipse site
              oisin

By the way FID 1.2.1 officially supports Eclipse 3.4.2, but not Eclipse 3.5.

Good point - I saw Galileo in the message, but my brain read Ganymede instead. Two Gs are enough to confuse me!

--oh

• 4. Re: Problem when installing FID from eclipse site

Hello,

I send you the trace in case:

An error occurred during the org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust phase.

session context was:(profile=epp.package.jee, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.provisional.p2.engine.phases.CheckTrust, operand=null --> com.fusesource.tools.cheatsheet 1.2.1, action=).

Failed to prepare partial IU: com.fusesource.tools.cheatsheet 1.2.1.

Could you give me a roadmap for the support of eclipse Galileo?

Thanks for your help.

• 5. Re: Problem when installing FID from eclipse site
                  oisin

The update site for FID 1.2.1 is a 'classic' Eclipse update site, not a p2 repository. The p2 mechanism usually translates the 'classic' update site metadata on the fly into native p2 metadata, so there is a level of backward compatibility. What might be occurring here is a fault in that translation.

With Ganymede, you can tell Eclipse to revert back to the 'classic' update approach by setting a preference Window > Preferences > General > Capabilities > Classic Update, so an attempt at updating FID with that preference set may avoid the issue.