4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 11, 2009 1:40 PM by jav1erp

What is "bin\activemq-data" folder?

concombremasqué

Hi,

What's the use of the "bin\activemq-data" folder in SMX 4.1.0.2?

It is not documented and I cannot establish how it may be related to the "data\activemq\default" folder.

Thanks.

• 1. Re: What is "bin\activemq-data" folder?
          jgoodyea

Hi,

I have not seen a 'bin\activemq-data' folder in my use of ESB 4.1.0.2. Was this created just running the included examples and default configuration?

Also, may I ask which platform and Java version you are using? Thanks.

J

• 2. Re: What is "bin\activemq-data" folder?
            concombremasqué

Hi J,

The 'bin\activemq-data' folder is not present right after installation. I don't know when and how it has been created but I do know that if I delete it, it will be created again at a later stage. Weird. I make extensive use of ActiveMQ through several of my bundles using camel-jms component (with vm connection protocol).

Oh and I am running FUSE ESB 4.1.0.2 on Windows XP with Java 1.6.0.

Regards

• 3. Re: What is "bin\activemq-data" folder?
              jgoodyea

When you start an ActiveMQ broker, it creates two ?data? folders in its home directory called activemq-data and data. The former is used for temporary storage and the data folder is where it keeps its log ? activemq.log ? file. I'm not sure where or if these locations can be configured (most likely does have some optional config).

• 4. Re: What is "bin\activemq-data" folder?
                jav1erp

hi,

by default fuse esb come with activemq and it is defined in fuse-esb-4.1.0.2/deploy/activemq-broker.xml

if you try to use vm protocol probably create a new broker because vm is not defined in activemq-broker.xml. you can check that using  vm:localhost?create=false

javier