3 Replies Latest reply on Jan 22, 2010 1:57 PM by davsclaus

Fuse 4.1 shutdown errors...

bpoday@yahoo.com

I have a servicemix-camel based application installed and am unable to do a clean shutdown of Fuse.

If I try running the "shutdown" command from the console, I get a bunch of errors...here are a few

Exception in thread "DefaultMessageListenerContainer-2" java.lang.NullPointerException

at java.lang.String.indexOf(String.java:1734)

at java.lang.String.indexOf(String.java:1716)

at org.springframework.jms.support.JmsUtils.buildExceptionMessage(JmsUtils.java:255)

at org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer.handleListenerSetupFailure(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:745)

at org.springframework.jms.listener.DefaultMessageListenerContainer$AsyncMessageListenerInvoker.run(DefaultMessageListenerContainer.java:897)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

also...

23:51:03,861 | ERROR |  Bundle Shutdown | RunnableTimedExecution           | oncurrent.RunnableTimedExecution  109 | Closing runnable for context OsgiBundleXmlApplicationContext(bundle=servicemix-camel, config=osgibundle:/META-INF/spring/*.xml) did not finish in 10000ms; consider taking a snapshot and then shutdown the VM in case the thread still hangs

• 1. Re: Fuse 4.1 shutdown errors...
          davsclaus

Hi

Yeah that is a known bug in Spring 2.5.6 which SpringSource do not want to fix. They have fixed it in Spring 3.0 though.

The upcoming Apache Camel 2.2 will include graceful shutdown by default which should improve stopping Camel bundles a lot. It will be included in the next FUSE ESB release as well.

• 2. Re: Fuse 4.1 shutdown errors...
            bpoday@yahoo.com

thanks, I'll try moving to Spring 3.0 (from 2.5.6) and Camel 2.2 (from 2.1...when available).  Are there any compatibility issues that I need to be aware of with my other components?

• 3. Re: Fuse 4.1 shutdown errors...
              davsclaus

Yeah Camel 1.x -> Camel 2.x migration may have a few things you need to sort out.

Mostly is a matter of recompiling your Camel stuff. And in the XML files the Camel namespaces is changed. And some EIP patterns have been renamed.

Only when you have written custom Camel components you may need to do a bit more work to get it migrated to 2.x