4 Replies Latest reply on Jul 29, 2010 6:50 AM by pax95

using XA connections with ESB 4.1

ciand7

Hi,

Is there documentation or samples using XA connections in ESB 4.1?

I need to use Oracle DB (JPA is preferred) and AMQ in same transaction. I guess it should be possible with geronimo TA + jencks, but I can`t find any documentation about it. The main questions is:

1. How to define Oracle XA datasource so that it will be enlisted in XA transactions?

2. How to define Amq XA ConnectionFactory so that it will be enlisted in XA transactions?

thanks.

• 1. Re: using XA connections with ESB 4.1
          cmoulliard

Hi,

Have you find an answer to your question or implemented something by yourself ? If this is the case, can you share this information please ?

Kind regards,

Charles

• 2. Re: using XA connections with ESB 4.1
            ciand7

Hi,

Unfortunately I don`t find any information or working implementation (

May be it is time to create JIRA request about missing documentation/sample...

• 3. Re: using XA connections with ESB 4.1
              gertv

L.S.,

I guess you want to link the DB and ActiveMQ together with Camel -- in that case, it should just be a matter of configuring the xa datasource/mq connection pool inside spring to point to the same transaction manager.

The easiest to get to the TransactionManager instance is by adding an

<osgi:reference id="transactionManager" interface="javax.transaction.TransactionManager"/> -- this will get you to the instance provided by the ServiceMix Transaction bundle.

I've raised https://issues.apache.org/activemq/browse/SMX4-486 to get an example added as well, so if you would manage to get anything working in the meanwhile feel free to add a comment (or patch) to that issue to help speed things up.

Regards,

Gert

• 4. Re: using XA connections with ESB 4.1
                pax95

Any news on this. I'm running into same issues setting up XA in ESB 4.1 ??