2 Replies Latest reply on Dec 6, 2010 6:41 AM by ade

ServiceMix 4 Clustering Demo

ade

Hi there,

There's been some traffic about ServiceMix 4 clustering; thought I'd post a sample here that illustrates some of the key points on SMX4 clustering that I've documented on my blog at

http://trenaman.blogspot.com/2010/04/four-things-you-need-to-know-about-new.html

To get this up and running, you'll need to compile the code and then configure two separate instances of SMX4, with a network connection between them and conduitSubscriptions turned off (as per the blog above). Deploy the file poller into the first smx, and the bean into the second smx. You should now have a clustered endpoint!

Hope that helps. I'm posting this now in case it's helpful to people getting off the ground; if I get time I'd like to contribute this to SMX with a fuller demo including config.

Let me know how you get on!

Ade.

• 1. Re: ServiceMix 4 Clustering Demo
          cmoya@fi.upm.es

Hi Adrian,

I'm trying to use the clustering feature provided by SMX4 (FUSE ESB 4.2.0-02-00) in a particular case but I can't make it works.

I have a BPEL process running in ODE within a FUSE ESB 4.2.0. This process has some invoke activities that are implemented by a bean deployed in a servicemix-bean component. That works well when all is deployed in the same FUSE instance. I'm working full JBI, that is, I'm not using any OSGI bundle.

What I need it to configure the following environment: one FUSE instance with the BPEL process running and a second FUSE instance with the bean that provide the implementation for those invoke activities.

I tried to follow the instructions from http://fusesource.com/docs/esb/4.2/jbi/ESBJBICluster.html and the key points you describe in your blog, but unsuccessfully. An exception is thrown in the first FUSE instance when the first invoke activity try to call the endpoint (implemented by the bean that is in the second FUSE instance):  org.apache.ode.bpel.iapi.ContextException: Unknown endpoint:   It's clear that the endpoint registered in the second FUSE instance is not visible for the first one.

How can I resolve this? Do I have to follow other steps if I'm working only with JBI applications (Service Assemblies)?

Thanks a lot for your help.

-Carlos

• 2. Re: ServiceMix 4 Clustering Demo
            ade

Did you get this problem solved?