1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 22, 2011 10:10 AM by davestanley

Fuse ESB maturity

xbbrck

Hello,

I'm using Fuse ESB for a couple of months now and for some reason I'm getting a lot of issues.  In the 3 months I work the the product, I already had to open 7 individual support cases of which 4 resulted in 5 fixes (MR-440, MR-430, MR-413, ESB-1422 and ESB-1427), 1 was due to an old JDK version and 2 are still pending.

I don't do very strange stuff, I only use Camel routes to implement cxf web services and other bundles/features that are available by default.  The only exception is the oracle-library, but that is still to be expected.

What is your experience?  Personally it slows down our development a great deal, each issue requires a detailed analysis and quite some work to follow the cases and provide the necessary feedback.

Also, I'm not so happy about the support.  In all cases it was me that found the root cause and/or provided the workaround.

Your thoughts are welcome.

• 1. Re: Fuse ESB maturity
          davestanley

Hi xbbrck

Thanks very much for your feedback. I am very sorry to hear your having trouble and have encountered problems using the product. 

One of the main benefits of Development support is that it give you direct access to the project committers. This ensures when you hit a problem, you can get fast turnaround on

issues that might otherwise hold up your development schedule. We will be in touch to ensure we are meeting your expectations in this respect.

Best Regards

/Dave