Hey everyone, I am hoping this email might stir some good conversation, I would love to hear what everyone else is doing in this space.
I'm searching around to see if a particular tool exists, I can't seem to find one so I thought I would see what everyone else is doing. I plan on posting this in a few of the open source projects around to get the best feedback.
I am looking for a software tool which I will primarily use to audit, monitor and resubmit messages sent to a JMS message broker. Ideally this tool has the following features:
- Open Source with a good community
- Web based console to view and search messages
- Messages are persisted in a database (SQL/NoSQL)
- Ability to add custom "Action" buttons so that you could easily write a plugin that "resubmits" a message back to a JMS queue/topic as well as write whatever else you need. Would also need the ability to "edit" the message before resubmitting.
- Ability to acknowledge/comment on failed messages
- Support for displaying/viewing Java objects, (probably limits me to Java based tools...)
- Have the ability to send email alerts based on user defined conditions
- Graphing, statistics and reporting regarding how many messages we're sent to each queue/topic in 5 minute intervals grouped by topic/message type.
- Does not need to have a JMS adaptor, as long as their is an API to get the data into the tool, i'm sure this would be easy to write/contribute.
- Supports millions of messages/day
- BAM style dashboard
I would really like to have a tool like this to monitor/audit/log/replay messages in my JMS environment. I see a lot of similarities with what I want in the tools like Zenoss/OpenNMS/syslog-ng/splunk etc.. as they all have "Eventing/Syslog" capabilities.
I would prefer to add/contribute to an existing project as opposed to building something custom myself...
- What is everyone else out there doing for auditing and tracking of failed messages in your JMS environment?
- Which open source tool do you think is the closest to what i'm looking for?