2 Replies Latest reply on Jul 22, 2011 11:20 AM by gertv

ActiveMQ-Broker port issue

shamik

Hi,

I've couple of fuse (4.4) instance running on LINUX. When I start the second instance, it throws exception related to port binding issue for active-mq broker. Here's the exception.

org.apache.aries.blueprint - 0.3.1 | Unable to start blueprint container for bundle activemq-broker.xml

org.osgi.service.blueprint.container.ComponentDefinitionException: Unable to intialize bean .component-2

Failed to bind to server socket: tcp://localhost:61616 due to: java.net.BindException: Address already in use

I've made sure to modify activemq-broker.xml to change the port in my second instance. Here are the entries.

Not sure why its still trying to bind to 61616 instead of 61617. Am I missing something here?

Any help will be appreciated.

- Thanks

• 1. Re: ActiveMQ-Broker port issue
          harley

Hi! I have the same issue, could you fix this problem??

Thanks

harley

• 2. Re: ActiveMQ-Broker port issue
            gertv

L.S.,

There's no auto-redeploy for the ActiveMQ  configuration file and the configuration gets stored in the bundle cache.

That's why, after updating the etc/activemq-broker.xml file on an existing container, you either have to remove the data directory and restart the container or do an explicit osgi:update on the bundle for the broker configuration file?

Regards,

Gert Vanthienen