2 Replies Latest reply on Aug 25, 2011 8:34 PM by Willem Jiang

Are these class loader issues

Rogelio Sevilla Novice

Hello everyone:

I have been getting a problem when i try to deploy certain bundles into Fuse ESB 4.4. Currently, I'm trying to use the unmarshall method from the Unmarshall class within the Castor plugin version 1.1 (http://www.castor.org/  , there are newer versions but i'm dealing with an old project) ,  my code look like this:

Unmarshaller.unmarshal(MyProcessingConfig.class, reader);

I have transformed and deployed the castor 1.1 jar file into a bundle using the bnd tool. The problem is that the previous line is throwing the next  exception on the karaf console:

java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not instantiate parser org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser not found by castor-1.1

at org.exolab.castor.util.LocalConfiguration.getParser(LocalConfiguration.java:342)

at org.exolab.castor.util.LocalConfiguration.getParser(LocalConfiguration.java:273)

at org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:711)

at org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:596)

at org.exolab.castor.xml.Unmarshaller.unmarshal(Unmarshaller.java:817)

at com.mycompany.MyProcessingConfig.unmarshal(MyProcessingConfig.java:306)

This is telling me that the SaxParser class doesn't exist,however, when i run the command  packages:exports | grep org.apache.xerces.parsers

I get the next output:

146 org.apache.xerces.parsers; version=2.9.1

Where bundle 146 comes with Fuse and shows as:

apache ServiceMix Bundles: xercesImpl-2.9.1 (2.9.1.3)

Also, just to make sure my castor bundle is importing the right bundles, i executed the command

osgi:headers 187

Where 187 is the id of my castor bundle and among the imports i can see the next output

com.sun.org.apache.xml.internal.serialize;resolution:=optional,

javax.naming;resolution:=optional,

javax.naming.directory;resolution:=optional,

javax.naming.spi;resolution:=optional,

javax.sql;resolution:=optional,

javax.swing;resolution:=optional,

javax.swing.table;resolution:=optional,

javax.transaction;resolution:=optional,

javax.transaction.xa;resolution:=optional,

javax.xml.parsers;resolution:=optional,

net.sf.cglib.proxy;resolution:=optional,

net.sf.ehcache;resolution:=optional,

netscape.ldap;resolution:=optional,

org.apache.commons.logging;resolution:=optional,

org.apache.oro.text.regex;resolution:=optional,

org.apache.regexp;resolution:=optional,

org.apache.xerces.utils.regex;resolution:=optional,

org.apache.xml.serialize;resolution:=optional,

org.postgresql;resolution:=optional,

org.w3c.dom;resolution:=optional,

org.xml.sax;resolution:=optional,

org.xml.sax.helpers;resolution:=optional,

weblogic.apache.xml.serialize;resolution:=optional

The bold lines appear in red in my karaf console,I think this means that those are not found, however, the javax.xml.parsers line appears in white. I have checked the xercesImpl  jar inside the  fuse's endorsed folder and the SaxParser class does exists.

To be honest, I've found this error a couple of times but a still don't fully understand its nature. Any help with any of these issues would be highly appreciated:

1.- Any advice on fixing the previous problem??

2.-Sorry if this one is too basic; how can I tell between a fuse ESB class loader problem and an error that i introduced in my bundle dependencies

Thanks a lot in advance, this has been my most common problem and any help on finding the right solution would be highly appreciated.