stratixcorp

OS = Mac OS X 10.6.8.

Setup:

1. Downloaded the latest apache-activemq-5.5.1-fuse-01-13 build

2. Unzipped it.

3. renamed activemq.xml to activemq-default.xml

4. renamed activemq-stomp.xml to activemq.xml

5. Started activemq in console mode.

6. Note in the log section below that stomp is loaded.

INFO | ActiveMQ 5.5.1-fuse-01-13 JMS Message Broker (localhost) is starting

INFO | For help or more information please see: http://activemq.apache.org/

INFO | Listening for connections at: stomp://DAJ.local:61612?transport.closeAsync=false

INFO | Connector stomp Started

INFO | Listening for connections at: stomp+nio://DAJ.local:61613?transport.closeAsync=false

INFO | Connector stomp+nio Started

INFO | ActiveMQ JMS Message Broker (localhost, ID:DAJ.local-50185-1328110810157-0:1) started

INFO | jetty-7.1.6.v20100715

7. Started telnet (on same local box)

7a. open localhost 61612

7b. Opened JConsole and connected to the broker and can see an active Stomp connection

7c. I enter the standard stomp CONNECT command

CONNECT

^@

7d. No response from AMQ

7e. If I stop the connection from JConsole my telnet session closes

7f. I ran with full stomp trace and nothing appears until I drop the connection from telnet then I get the following error:

DEBUG | Transport failed: java.io.EOFException

java.io.EOFException

at java.io.DataInputStream.readByte(DataInputStream.java:250)

at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompWireFormat.readHeaderLine(StompWireFormat.java:155)

at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompWireFormat.parseHeaders(StompWireFormat.java:186)

at org.apache.activemq.transport.stomp.StompWireFormat.unmarshal(StompWireFormat.java:101)

at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.readCommand(TcpTransport.java:228)

at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.doRun(TcpTransport.java:220)

at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransport.run(TcpTransport.java:203)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:680)

8. I downloaded the latest 5.5.1 version of AMQ directly from apache.org and ran the exact same test and I connected to Stomp just fine.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Steve