1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 15, 2009 1:15 AM by jaikiran

Webapp deploys correctly on Linux but not on Windows

nicolasduminil

Greetings,

We have a Spring MVC application which is deployed on Linux (SLES). In order to facilitate local testing by developpers, we tried to deploy it on JBoss 5.1 for Windows XP. The deployment fails with the following exception:

2009-08-13 16:44:49,391 INFO [STDOUT] (main) ERROR DispatcherServlet - Context initialization failed
      org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: I/O failure during classpath scanning; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\jboss-5.1.0.GA\server\default\deploy\org.epo.refapp.ear-0.1-SNAPSHOT.ear\org.epo.refapp.web-0.1-SNAPSHOT.war\WEB-INF\lib\org.epo.refapp.webapp-0.1-SNAPSHOT.jar\org\epo\refapp\webapp (The system cannot find the path specified)
      at org.springframework.context.annotation.ClassPathSc anningCandidateComponentProvider.findCandidateComp onents(ClassPathScanningCandidateComponentProvider .java:227)

Obviously, the Spring controller full path name is too long, the container even doesn't succeed to come at the end of the class name. However, this path name doesn't exceed 255 characters, which is the max_path on windows.

Any suggestions ?

many thanks in advance,

Nicolas

• 1. Re: Webapp deploys correctly on Linux but not on Windows
          jaikiran

Maybe the error message is reporting the real path which might be less than 255 characters. But in reality the ear/war/jar might have been extracted to the JBOSS_HOME/server/< server-name>/tmp/ folder. I remember that the folder names generated within the tmp folders are long too. Something like

3j001-sfn6jd-fy3cq2i4-1-fy3cqkjj-v

So that probably will add up to the length of the file names which might lead to exceeding the limit.