1 Reply Latest reply on Apr 26, 2012 10:33 AM by jwcarman

No PlatformTransactionManager?

jwcarman

I have done the exact same steps on both linux and Windows:

1. Unzip the current Fuse distribution (apache-servicemix-4.4.1-fuse-03-06).

2. Change the "org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.repositories" property in $

1. Execute $
        /etc/org.ops4j.pax.url.mvn.cfg to point to our Nexus repository (which has the fusesource stuff proxied). /bin/servicemix (the batch file on Windows of course)

3. In the karaf shell, execute features:install webconsole

Now, when I look at the services exported by the org.apache.aries.transaction.manager (version 0.3.0) bundle, on Linux I get:

Service ID 217     Types: javax.transaction.TransactionManager, javax.transaction.TransactionSynchronizationRegistry, javax.transaction.UserTransaction, org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.RecoverableTransactionManager, org.springframework.transaction.PlatformTransactionManager

However, on Windows, I get:

Service ID 493     Types: javax.transaction.TransactionManager, javax.transaction.TransactionSynchronizationRegistry, javax.transaction.UserTransaction, org.apache.geronimo.transaction.manager.RecoverableTransactionManager

No PlatformTransactionManager is available on Windows!  Yuck.

Edited by: jwcarman on Apr 26, 2012 1:42 PM

Edited by: jwcarman on Apr 26, 2012 2:32 PM - Windows part is a red herring.

• 1. Re: No PlatformTransactionManager?
          jwcarman

Okay, I've been playing around with this and there's no rhyme or reason as to why this thing behaves the way it does.  Sometimes when I start with a "fresh" fuse-esb installation, the PlatformTransactionManager is there.  Sometimes, it's not.  When I restart fuse-esb, sometimes it shows up.  Are we dealing with an ordering issue here?  Is there some bundle I'll need to reboot to get this thing to work properly?

Edited by: jwcarman on Apr 26, 2012 2:33 PM