8 Replies Latest reply on Jun 15, 2012 9:18 AM by mathieuj

start level bundle independant

mathieuj

hello,

I would know if it possible to put a start level in a configuration file ( like .bnd) or by another way, in  my bundle and not into the file servicemix.bat

so my fuse esb and my bundles are independants.

thank you

• 1. Re: start level bundle independant
          ffang

Hi,

We never put bundle start level in FUSE ESB startup script, as bundle start level is bind to each bundle,  you can put your customer bundles in a features.xml and specify bundle startlevel there.

Freeman

• 2. Re: start level bundle independant
            mathieuj

hi,

Infact when I put my startlevel in the startup script, if one bundle is missing in the repetory deploy, fuse doesn't start.

I don't understand your explanation and how my fuse esb consider your file features.xml.

But i would like one file by bundle, like that i have nothing to do after the build of my bundle in eclipse.

Mathieu

• 3. Re: start level bundle independant
              ffang

Hi,

Not sure how  you put startlevel in the startup script, do you mean you edit the etc/startup.properties? If so, you really shouldn't do it, as bundles there is only some very fundamental bundles to launch FUSE ESB, your customer bundle shouldn't be there.

The features.xml is the FUSE ESB/karaf provisioning mechanism[1], you can take a look at

$FUSE_ESB/system/org/apache/camel/karaf/apache-camel/2.8.0-fuse-05-03/apache-camel-2.8.0-fuse-05-03-features.xml as an example(I assume you use FUSE ESB 4.4.1-fuse-06-03), where you can specify startlevel for bundles.

http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.2.x/users-guide/provisioning.html

Freeman

• 4. Re: start level bundle independant
                mathieuj

yes, i modified the startup.properties!

infact modify the startup.properties and the features.xml looks like the same way.

In my problem, i would like don't modify any files in the repertory FUSE ESB, and like that my bundles and my fuse are independants

• 5. Re: start level bundle independant
                  ffang

Hi,

First of all you shouldn't modify startup.properties.

No, it's not the same way.

Actually you can maintain yourown features.xml, so that it's independent with FUSE ESB.

You can drop your features.xml in any FUSE_ESB/deploy folder so that all bundles in it get installed/started.

Freeman

• 6. Re: start level bundle independant
                    mathieuj

yes for sure, i don't modify startup.properties;

Ok, i see, but i don"t know how i can do for my fuse esb read each features.

if you have a quick example

• 7. Re: start level bundle independant
                      ffang

Hi,

I'm not sure what you mean by "how i can do for my fuse esb read each features."

Generally you needn't worry about it, FUSE ESB will load features and install bundles automatically for you.

Freeman

• 8. Re: start level bundle independant
                        mathieuj

because my features will be in my jar.

maybe i cans send you a little bundle example, and you can show me to do that?

Mathieu

Edited by: mathieuj on Jun 15, 2012 1:17 PM