1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 19, 2012 11:43 AM by garytully

Mixed TCP/multicast in multihomed environement

gtamboise

Hello,

I am trying to setup a network of brokers in a multi-homed environment.

1.  I understand from my testing and from http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/activemq-dev/201007.mbox/%3C28461474.47971279669492274.JavaMail.jira@thor%3E  that I need both joinNetworkInterface and NetworkInterface to be set in the discoveryUri of my transport connector. However, the SAX parser does not like this or any attempt I made to specify both of them:

and throws

org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionStoreException: Line 139 in XML document from  class path resource is invalid; nested exception is org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The reference to entity "joinNetworkInterface" must end with the ';' delimiter.

If I only specify one of the two parameters, SAX is happy but the network of brokers discovery is flaky (confirmed by checking "netsh interface ip show joins").

2.  I am trying to combine a multicast discovery on one interface (typical LAN environment) with a static network of broker on another interface (typical WAN environment), with

When the TCP part of the network of brokers is not responsive, the broker seems to keep restarting.

Is this kind of setup supported at all?