2 Replies Latest reply on Jan 13, 2005 12:37 PM by Robert W. McKitrick Jr.

Problem with jboss4 and Oracle9i

Hany Bee Newbie

I'm trying to make Oracle9i as the default DS, but keep the JMS persistence stuff to use Hsql. I've done:

- changed the default DS file (which used hsql) to hsql-ds.xml, and change the name "DefaultDS" to "HsqlDS"
      - added a default DS file which points to Oracle (the settings are working in my JDBC test programs)
      - change the "DefaultDS" in deploy/jms/hsql-jdbc2-service.xml to "HsqlDS"
      - same for the file deploy/jms/hsql-jdbc-state-service.xml

I've not put in my own stuff yet, just an empty JBoss with the default server config.

But I'm having all kinds of problems. I thought Oracle9i is well supported.

2004-12-29 14:49:43,542 DEBUG [org.jboss.resource.adapter.jdbc.local.LocalManagedConnectionFactory] Driver already registered for url: jdbc:oracle:thin:@tank.idsignet.com:1521:tank
      2004-12-29 14:49:44,105 DEBUG [org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy] Executing DDL: create table TIMERS (
       TIMERID varchar(50) not null,
       TARGETID varchar(50) not null,
       INITIALDATE timestamp not null,
       INTERVAL bigint,
       INSTANCEPK other,
       INFO other,
       constraint timers_pk primary key (TIMERID)
       )
      2004-12-29 14:49:44,136 ERROR [org.jboss.ejb.txtimer.DatabasePersistencePolicy] Starting failed jboss.ejb:persistencePolicy=database,service=EJBTimerService
      java.sql.SQLException: ORA-00902: Invalid type

at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:134)
       at oracle.jdbc.ttc7.TTIoer.processError(TTIoer.java:289)

I dig around but couldn't find where the config file is. "Interval" seems to be a keyword in Oracle.

How do you make Oracle9i work out of the box?

thx