13 Replies Latest reply on Apr 22, 2013 9:25 PM by ffang

Integration with Drools

mpalvankar

I have the rules stored in "Guvnor -5.5.0.Final" running on Tomcat.

I have a web service running on FUSE (apache-servicemix-4.4.1-fuse-00-08). I need to fetch the compiled rule .PKG from Guvnor and execute the same from this service.

To do this I can not use the drools (org.apache.servicemix.bundles.drools) that is shipped with FUSE and I need to deploy drools-core (version 5.5.0.Final) on FUSE.

I am facing below issues deploying drools-core (version 5.5.0.Final).

I deployed

1. com.google.protobuf/protobuf-java/2.5.0

2. com.sun.xml.bind/jaxb-osgi/2.2.6

3. javax.xml.bind/jaxb-api-osgi/2.2.7

4. org.drools/drools-core/5.5.0.Final

Has anyone tried deploying org.drools/drools-core/5.5.0.Final to FUSE 4.4.1

Appreciate help.

• 1. Re: Integration with Drools
          ffang

Hi,

Drools has some issues in OSGi container, so that servicemix re-wrap it as OSGi bundle, please try the one here[1]

http://repo2.maven.org/maven2/org/apache/servicemix/bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.drools/5.5.0.Final_1/

Freeman

• 2. Re: Integration with Drools
            mpalvankar

Thanks Freeman.

I was able to deploy org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.drools/5.5.0.Final_1 successfully to FUSE 4.4.1

But there is another issue. My service on FUSE ESB has following code to access and execute a rule.

private void executeRuleWithKAgent(){

KnowledgeAgent kagent = KnowledgeAgentFactory.newKnowledgeAgent( "SecurityAgent" );

kagent.applyChangeSet( ResourceFactory.newClassPathResource( "securityValidate2.xml" ) );

KnowledgeBase kbase = kagent.getKnowledgeBase();

StatefulKnowledgeSession ksession = kbase.newStatefulKnowledgeSession();

PortfolioHolding vo = new PortfolioHolding();

vo.setSecurityId("TEST");

ksession.insert(vo);

ksession.fireAllRules();

for (Object o : ksession.getObjects()) {

if (o instanceof PortfolioHolding) {

System.out.println("----

"+((PortfolioHolding) o).getResultMessage());

}

}

kagent.dispose();

System.out.println("----***-----DONE");

}

This requires jaxb-xjc as the code gives compilation errors as:

could not parse error message: org\drools\builder\KnowledgeBuilderFactoryService.java(org\drools\builder:KnowledgeBuilderFactoryService.java):

24: package com.sun.tools.xjc does not exist

import com.sun.tools.xjc.Options;

Hence I tried to deploy org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jaxb-xjc/2.2.6_1

This deployment fails as it requires package

com.sun.istack (version=2.2.0)

Appreciate a quick help on this issue.

• 3. Re: Integration with Drools
              ffang

Hi,

The error message indicates you should install another bundle which export package com.sun.istack (version=2.2.0), this is actually  exposed by the jaxb-impl bundle, servicemix also has a wrapper for it.

Freeman

• 4. Re: Integration with Drools
                mpalvankar

Once again thanks Freeman.

But unfortunately I have some new problem. Now the deployment of org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jaxb-xjc/2.2.6_1 fails for constraint

Unresolved constraint in bundle org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jaxb-xjc : Unable to resolve 225.0: missing requirement package; (package=com.sun.source.tree)

I looked for OSGi wrapper for a jar that's exporting com.sun.source.tree, ut I have not been able to find any OSGi bundle exporting package com.sun.source.tree

Any clue for resolving this error. By the way I am using "apache-servicemix-4.4.1-fuse-00-08".

Thank you so much for prompt responses. This forum really rocks.

• 5. Re: Integration with Drools
                  ffang

Hi,

Though Servicemix provide lots of bundles, but it can't provide all necessary bundles for a specific user project(sometimes also due to license issue), so you probably still need create necessary bundles yourself.

Freeman

• 6. Re: Integration with Drools
                    mpalvankar

Thanks Freeman.

This package (com.sun.source.tree) is available in tools.jar a JDK internal package. Repackaging tools.jar will not be viable option.

I also read that JDK internal packages can be made available by setting org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra in etc\custom.properties file.

Please correct me if I am wrong or if I am missing any information.

• 7. Re: Integration with Drools
                      ffang

Hi,

Yes, you can add it in org.osgi.framework.system.packages.extra property

Freeman

• 8. Re: Integration with Drools
                        mpalvankar

Thanks Freeman.

After updating the properties file with required JDK package, I was able to resolve the deployment issues for org.apache.servicemix.bundles.drools/5.5.0.Final_1.

But now when I deploy a my application / service that uses drools packages, I get below error:

Unable to resolve 239.0: missing requirement package; (&(package=org.mvel2)(version>=2.1.0)(!(version>=3.0.0)))

I checked below things:

1] the bundle org.apache.servicemix.bundles.drools version 5.5.0.Final_1 contains org.mvel2 (2.1.8 Final)

2] My pom file has dependency of org.apache.servicemix.bundles.drools version 5.5.0.Final_1 (I have attached my application pom file)

I am not able understand the above error. Is there anything that I am missing.

Any help on the same is appreciated.

• 9. Re: Integration with Drools
                          ffang

Hi,

No, org.apache.servicemix.bundles.drools doesn't export org.mvel2 package, you need install mvel2 bundle yourself.

Freeman

• 10. Re: Integration with Drools
                            mpalvankar

There is no servicemix bundle for mvel2 version 2.1.3.Final. The highest version thats available is org.apache.servicemix.bundles.mvel/2.0.18_3.

I tried wrapping mvel2 2.1.3.Final and deploying the same but this version 2.1.3.Final imports  mvel2 2.1.0 and hence I may to wrap mvel2 2.1.0 as osgi bundle and deploy the same to resolve this constraint issue

Can I wrap two jars in one osgi bundle or do I have create two separate osgi bundles for version 2.1.0 and 2.1.3.Final

• 11. Re: Integration with Drools
                              ffang

Hi,

mvel2 2.1.3.Final is already a OSGi bundle so that you needn't wrap it anymore, just do

osgi:install -s mvn:org.mvel/mvel2/2.1.3.Final

should be fine.

Freeman

• 12. Re: Integration with Drools
                                mpalvankar

Thanks Freeman for instant responses. I was able resolve all the issues.

I am also able execute my service on FUSE ESB which retrieves a rule from Guvnor running on Tomcat and execute the same.

Putting down the summary, in case anyone wants to try similar use case.

I installed following bundles to retrieve a rule from Guvnor and execute a rule.

1. org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.drools/5.5.0.Final_1

2. org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jaxb-xjc/2.2.6_1

3. org.apache.servicemix.bundles/org.apache.servicemix.bundles.jaxb-impl/2.2.6_1

4. org.mvel/mvel2/2.1.3.Final

As I have said in my earlier posts, this forum really rocks.

• 13. Re: Integration with Drools
                                  ffang

Hi,

Thanks for this positive feedback and sharing your solutions.

Freeman