8 Replies Latest reply on Sep 9, 2014 3:44 PM by T L

Correct way to configure discovery and broadcast groups with TCP

T L Newbie

I am using JBOSS EAP 6.2 with AS 7.3.  AS 7.3 does not recognize the <jgroups-file> element available, so I have to use the <jgroups-stack> element.

UDP multicast broadcast and discovery group configuration works fine, of course.  But, I cannot get the TCP to work with the discovery groups and broadcast groups.

I have the following:

<connectors>

<netty-connector name="netty" socket-binding="messaging"/> <!-- port 5445 -->

</connectors>

<stack name="tcp">

<transport type="TCP" socket-binding="jgroups-tcp"/>

<protocol type="TCPPING">

<property name="initial_hosts">192.168.2.14[7600], 192.168.2.14[7700]</property>

</protocol>

<protocol type="MERGE2"/>

<protocol type="FD_SOCK" socket-binding="jgroups-tcp-fd"/>

<protocol type="FD"/>

<protocol type="VERIFY_SUSPECT"/>

<protocol type="pbcast.NAKACK"/>

<protocol type="UNICAST2"/>

<protocol type="pbcast.STABLE"/>

<protocol type="pbcast.GMS"/>

<protocol type="UFC"/>

<protocol type="MFC"/>

<protocol type="FRAG2"/>

<protocol type="RSVP"/>

</stack>

<broadcast-groups>

<broadcast-group name="bg-group1">

<jgroups-stack>tcp</jgroups-stack>

<jgroups-channel>my-cluster</jgroups-channel>

<broadcast-period>5000</broadcast-period>

<connector-ref>

netty

</connector-ref>

</broadcast-group>

</broadcast-groups>

<discovery-groups>

<discovery-group name="dg-group1">

<jgroups-stack>tcp</jgroups-stack>

<jgroups-channel>my-cluster</jgroups-channel>

<refresh-timeout>10000</refresh-timeout>

</discovery-group>

</discovery-groups>

<cluster-connections>

<cluster-connection name="my-cluster">

<address>jms</address>

<connector-ref>netty</connector-ref>

<discovery-group-ref discovery-group-name="dg-group1"/>

</cluster-connection>

</cluster-connections>

When starting the live server, this is what I the following from the log:

INFO  [stdout] (MSC service thread 1-6) GMS: address=nodeA/my-cluster, cluster=my-cluster, physical address=192.168.2.14:7600

(MSC service thread 1-6) HQ224000: Failure in initialisation: java.lang.IllegalStateException: channel is closed

at org.jgroups.JChannel.checkClosed(JChannel.java:865) [jgroups-3.2.7.Final.jar:3.2.7.Final]

at org.jgroups.JChannel._preConnect(JChannel.java:520) [jgroups-3.2.7.Final.jar:3.2.7.Final]

at org.jgroups.JChannel.connect(JChannel.java:277) [jgroups-3.2.7.Final.jar:3.2.7.Final]

at org.jgroups.JChannel.connect(JChannel.java:268) [jgroups-3.2.7.Final.jar:3.2.7.Final]

at org.hornetq.api.core.JGroupsBroadcastGroupConfiguration$JGroupsBroadcastEndpoint$JChannelWrapper.connect(JGroupsBroadcastGroupConfiguration.java:353) [hornetq-core-client-2.3.21.jar:]

at org.hornetq.api.core.JGroupsBroadcastGroupConfiguration$JGroupsBroadcastEndpoint.internalOpen(JGroupsBroadcastGroupConfiguration.java:203) [hornetq-core-client-2.3.21.jar:]

at org.hornetq.api.core.JGroupsBroadcastGroupConfiguration$JGroupsBroadcastEndpoint.openBroadcaster(JGroupsBroadcastGroupConfiguration.java:182) [hornetq-core-client-2.3.21.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.server.cluster.impl.BroadcastGroupImpl.start(BroadcastGroupImpl.java:108) [hornetq-server-2.3.21.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.server.cluster.ClusterManager.start(ClusterManager.java:268) [hornetq-server-2.3.21.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl.initialisePart2(HornetQServerImpl.java:1658) [hornetq-server-2.3.21.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl.access$1400(HornetQServerImpl.java:178) [hornetq-server-2.3.21.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl$SharedNothingLiveActivation.run(HornetQServerImpl.java:2831) [hornetq-server-2.3.21.jar:]

at org.hornetq.core.server.impl.HornetQServerImpl.start(HornetQServerImpl.java:435) [hornetq-server-2.3.21.jar:]

at org.hornetq.jms.server.impl.JMSServerManagerImpl.start(JMSServerManagerImpl.java:490) [hornetq-jms-server-2.3.21.jar:]

at org.jboss.as.messaging.jms.JMSService.start(JMSService.java:74) [jboss-as-messaging-7.2.0.Final.jar:7.2.0.Final]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.startService(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1811) [jboss-msc-1.0.4.GA.jar:1.0.4.GA]

at org.jboss.msc.service.ServiceControllerImpl$StartTask.run(ServiceControllerImpl.java:1746) [jboss-msc-1.0.4.GA.jar:1.0.4.GA]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145) [rt.jar:1.7.0_45]

at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615) [rt.jar:1.7.0_45]

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:744) [rt.jar:1.7.0_45]

What is the correct way to configure this?

What does the <jboss-channel> need to be set to?  Why is the channel 'closed?'

Is the tcp stack set up correctly?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.