1 Reply Latest reply on Sep 17, 2014 8:14 AM by wdfink

Start Infinispan as local mode

scottjsn

JBoss AS 7.1.1 

My understanding is that JBoss AS7 comes with the Infinispan, for example, in the standalone-ha.xml, if I specify:

<subsystem xmlns="urn:jboss:domain:infinispan:1.2" default-cache-container="local">

<cache-container name="local" aliases="ha-partition" default-cache="default">

<transport lock-timeout="60000"/>

<local-cache name="default"/>

</cache-container>

It will start the Infinispan in local mode.  Is this correct?   If so, do I still need to use the file below in my web project?

infinispan.xml 

<infinispan/>  

In summary, I would like to know to start the Inifispan in simple standalone local mode, do I need either or both of the above mthods?

Thanks

Scott

• 1. Re: Start Infinispan as local mode
          wdfink

You can use the embedded infinispan cache if you only want to use the community edition and a restricted functionality as the server ship only with a part of Infinispan to handle server internal caching.

If you need more and relyable caching I recommend to use Infinispan packed with the application or better to use JDG (Enterprise product based on Infinispan) which provide moduls for the server for an embedded cache.

Also you can use the client-server mode and have separate instances for caching.

See the Infinispan documentation and quickstarts.