6 Replies Latest reply on Oct 1, 2014 1:39 PM by mlybarger

testing with @Resource definition

mlybarger

I have a sy service that references a CDI Bean that i'd like to unit test.  the CDI Bean looks like:

@Named

public class TestCDI implements ITestCDI{

@Resource(lookup="java:/foo")   

String foo;

public String lookup() {

return foo;

}

}

In my test, I setup the binding,

bind(initialContext, "java:/foo", "here")

but the injection of the resource never happens during execution with the SwitchyardRunner.

Any insights would be most appreciated.

Thanks,

-mark-

• 1. Re: testing with @Resource definition
          rcernich

Hey Mark,

Have you tried adding the NamingMixIn to your test?  This should add a naming context for your test.

Hope that helps,

Rob

• 2. Re: Re: testing with @Resource definition
            mlybarger

Yes, I do have a naming context, but the @Resource injection points don't seem to be getting resolved.  The lookup2 method returns as expected.

import javax.annotation.Resource;

import javax.inject.Named;

import javax.naming.InitialContext;

import javax.naming.NamingException;

@Named

public class TestCDI implements ITestCDI{

@Resource(name="java:/foo")

private String foo;

public String lookup() {

return foo;

}

public String lookup2() {

String ret = null;

InitialContext ic;

try {

ic = new InitialContext();

ret = (String) ic.lookup("java:/foo");

} catch (NamingException e) {

e.printStackTrace();

}

return ret;

}

}

• 3. Re: Re: testing with @Resource definition
              jorgemoralespou_2

Hi,

As I guess you're using SY 2.0, and I do not know what's been added, I'll give you a non SwitchYard suggestion. Use a CDI @Alternative to inject another bean, with lookup2 as a provider for the String you want to lookup. This way you can bypass the problem that you are experiencing. Of course, if you can create a reproducer, just send it to this guys, so they can validate if it an error, or create a JIRA and attach the reproducer to it.

Hope it helps.

• 4. Re: Re: testing with @Resource definition
                mlybarger

actually, i'm using FSW 6.0.0 (SY 1.1.0 GA).

I'm starting to believe that the weld being for the SY testing (SE) used doesn't have a ResourceInjectionServices instance available.  I'd love to figure out how to add this service.

• 5. Re: Re: testing with @Resource definition
                  jorgemoralespou_2

Hi,

I guess that the SwitchyardRunner is the one that is hooking up things, and maybe you`re right and doesn't have that, or that it is a reduced service. I faced similar issues with @EntityManager but not sure if it was due to the fact that it doesn't run into an EE app server. As I said, In my case, I solved with with @Alternative and @Produces, having an alternative Bean that produced the EntityManager for me it worked.

If you get into a conclusion, please share, and if it as problem, raise the appropriate JIRAs.

• 6. Re: testing with @Resource definition
                    mlybarger

the problem is that CDIMixIn creates its own Weld instance that doesn't contain an instance of ResourceInjectionServices, thus, no @Resource injection occurs.  I already had a modified CDIMixIn class that I was using to allow the testing of CDI beans directly in my unit tests per these notes:

Enhancement: CDI in SwitchYard Unit Tests

[SWITCHYARD-1645] CDI in SwitchYard Unit Tests - JBoss Issue Tracker

So, I grabbed org.jboss.as.weld.services.bootstrap.WeldResourceInjectionServices (copied into my project was easier), and then used that for weld to handle the @Resource injection.

My CDIMixInExt had the following:

Deployment deployment = createDeployment(resourceLoader, bootstrap);

// Set up the container

deployment.getServices().add(ResourceInjectionServices.class, new WeldResourceInjectionServices());

//JTAEnvironmentBean _jtaEnvironmentBean = new JTAEnvironmentBean();              

//deployment.getServices().add(TransactionServices.class, new LocalArjunaTransactionServices(_jtaEnvironmentBean));

bootstrap.startContainer(Environments.SE, deployment);