jbpm REST work item handler accepts only BASIC and FORM based authentication so you need to configure handler accordingly. I am afraid there is no support for tokens.
I created a custom REST WorkItemahandler. Then
(1) copy the jar to [jbpm]/standalone/deployments/business-central.war/WEB-INF/lib
(2) add "CustomREST": new com.developer.CustomRestWorkItemHandler() to [jbpm]/standalone/deployments/business-central.war/WEB-INF/classes/META-INFCustomWorkItemHandlers.conf
(3) create a new project in workbench
(4) navigate to src/main/resources/META-INF/ and upload CustomWorkItem.wid file
"name" : "CustomREST",
"parameters" : [
"Url" : new StringDataType(),
"Method" : new StringDataType(),
"Body" : new StringDataType(),
"ConnectTimeout" : new StringDataType(),
"ReadTimeout" : new StringDataType(),
"Username" : new StringDataType(),
"Password" : new StringDataType(),
"ContentType" : new StringDataType(),
"Authorization" : new StringDataType(),
"IgnoreSSL" : new BooleanDataType()
"results" : [
"Result" : new ObjectDataType(),
"displayName" : "CustomREST",
"icon" : "icons/restlogo.png"
(5) create a new "Business Process".
From the process designer in the palette on the left in "Service Tasks" the activity should appear CustomREST, but for some reason I can't see this icon. Can you please advise if I missed out any configuration? Thanks.
Surely there should be a way to set HTTP Headers generally?
It's pretty common for things to be needed in the header as well or instead of the JSON Body.
it does allow to set some headers like content type etc but does not support any header to be set. If you see this as valuable addition feel free to drop feature request jira for it.